I'm back!

jbeletti

Hello friends.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, economic conditions in the RV industry have forced Heartland, among other changes, to make the difficult decision to temporarily let me go until further notice. Friday, April 3rd will be my last day at Heartland RVs.

The Heartland Owners Club remains otherwise unchanged and Julie Hancock will remain as the club manager. The Heartland Owners Forum also remains unchanged. Our 3 volunteer moderators remain committed to you and to the forum.

I want to give a HUGE heartfelt thank you to a few people...

First, to Julie Hancock, Manager of the Heartland Owners Club - what an amazing person. You’ve been a joy to work with!

David Yocum - David was the first person, along with myself to begin organizing Heartland product owners and hosting events for owners as early as 2005. Thank you David for your energy, your loyalty and your leadership over the years!

Chapter Leaders - past and present. You are the backbone of the Heartland Owners Club. You are a huge reason for the success of the club. Thank you!

Region Directors - past and present. Thank you for taking on some of the management workload of club operations, for being there for your Chapter Leaders and for hosting your own Region Rallies!

Forum Moderators - past and present. You guys rock! Thank you for taking on some of the day-to-day forum operations workload. With your help and guidance and the content from you and thousands of owners, you’ve helped make the Heartland Owners Forum one of the best RV forums out there!

Club Members, Customers and Forum Members - thank you for your confidence in Heartland, in myself and in my club and forum teams. I’ve met thousands of you since starting the forum in 2004 and the club in 2008. We’ve had some truly amazing times. Thank you for the memories - I will cherish them forever!

I remain hopeful that I will be recalled back to work at Heartland RVs.

So long “for now” friends.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: It’s been a great ride! So long "for now"

So not cool, Heartland!!

These are difficult and trying times. I hope they are able to get you back ASAP, Jim! You are the “Heart” of the Owners Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

So not cool, Heartland!!

These are difficult and trying times. I hope they are able to get you back ASAP, Jim! You are the “Heart” of the Owners Club.

No animosity from me towards Heartland. Tough times - tough decisions. Thank you for the kind words Erika - you and Tony have been a pleasure to work with and to know.

danemayer

Re: It’s been a great ride!

Jim,

We're all very appreciative of your leadership and friendship, and hope things turn around quickly so that Heartland can bring you back.

'Lil Guy'

No Jim Beletti sounds like no Heartland Owners Club to me. I can't express my gratitude to you Jim for this great forum and the HOC. Without it, I would'nt have met all of the wonderful people over the years and purchased 3 HL rigs in as many years. The HOC is the most important selling factor as far as I'm concerned for all of HL's products. This makes me rethink my loyalty to owning a HL rig. We've all put up with quality issues on these rigs and some more than others but still promoted their products. Just appears to me that the reign of HL products is coming to an end with their new ownership and cost cutting. I've seen changes to floorplans that aren't for quality but to shave cost for profits. A good example is ruining the LM Oshkosh by removing all of the usable storage and woodwork to put a window and $50,00 chair in the BEDROOM>..
Sorry, getting off track. Hate to hear it Jim and hope to see you again down the road. A lot of us will always meet up at gettogethers due to this great forum and club. Thanks for all you've done. I guess HL isn't getting any money from the government to keep their employees for the next three months.

This will definitely open some doors for our coming upgrade. Later and have a great day.

Niles

So sorry Jim, our world has been set on it's ear. The good news is this country will survive it and things will someday get back to normal. I'm sure you'll be right back at setting up great times for all of us, Heartland will need you again!! Good luck and stay safe.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Good luck and we hope to see you in Texas soon. Your guidance and wisdom will be missed. Thanks for all of your help with your knowledge and advice the last few year and your support of all Heartland owners.

Fox

I know from personal experience how corporations cut their expenses and run; in 2007 my job went overseas - to the Honduras. Fortunately I was in a good place and was able to survive it.

So while I've never met you (just as I've never met most of the folks who make this site what it is) I have come to trust your voice - and will miss it. If/ when these Corp. sacrifices filter down to where it directly effects those I have had face to face experiences with I will reconsider my future alliances. They're destroying my pride of ownership.

Best of luck to you!

Garypowell

Jim,

God bless you during this transition! I only met you once but you were very gracious and open about how things worked.

this forum took me to higher and higher levels of knowledge and for that I thank you.

just think maybe you can get out and travel some with your free time!

if there is ever anything we all can do for you.....you just need to ask.

donr827

I sure hope that you will be back ASAP. The club under your leadership has sold many RVs. I understand their actions and the RV industry as a whole are going through some rough times.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

BTDT! May it open another door and adventure for you and Nancy. Maybe we’ll run across each other another day as we do enjoy our visits to your new home turf of Texas
Regards
Lyle and Nancy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Jim, I have been afraid that this was going to happen for a long time. We can only hope that things will turn around soon and thing will soon return to normal.

Your friendship has meant a lot to me. We go back a long way and I hope things straighten out soon.

rdufek

So sorry to hear Jim. We hope they bring you back soon and things can get back to a new normal again. Safe travels to you and Nancy and hope to see you again in the future. May God Bless.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

I can't believe it! Thank you Jim and Nancy for all you have done for Carol and I personally and for all the Heartland owners, past and present, that you have touched. Your leadership will be greatly missed. Hopefully that will be short lived! I know these are trying times, but it still doesn't lessen the hurt. Hopefully we'll see you down the road soon.

Az_Ernie

Thank you for your HOC leadership and friendship. You will truly be missed! Till we meet again, adios!

Ernie and Marie "Boss Lady"

davebennington

Jim,
Sorry to hear that this has effected you.
It has been a GREAT ride together right from the very start. I feel sure when the virus is defeated you and Heartland will be back stronger then ever. In the mean time
you take care my friend and stay safe.

dave

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Jim:

Your vision and dedication is enormous and coupled with a loving and kind soul, you have created an entity (the Heartland Owners Club) that can never be duplicated. You are absolutely my favorite boss of all time and I look forward to the time we will work together again.

jbeletti

No Jim Beletti sounds like no Heartland Owners Club to me. I can't express my gratitude to you Jim for this great forum and the HOC. Without it, I would'nt have met all of the wonderful people over the years and purchased 3 HL rigs in as many years. The HOC is the most important selling factor as far as I'm concerned for all of HL's products...

Frank - thank you for the kind words. I remember the first time we met at an LA rally - the first Breakfast Extravaganza - so fun.

I may have started the club but it won't end because I am not there. It's in good hands with Julie still in position. So continuity will still be there. This is just a funky time, not just for the RV industry. We'll get through this and hopefully, I will be back.

- - - Updated - - -

So sorry Jim, our world has been set on it's ear. The good news is this country will survive it and things will someday get back to normal. I'm sure you'll be right back at setting up great times for all of us, Heartland will need you again!! Good luck and stay safe.

Well said Niles. It's been great seeing you and your family at so many rallies in Indiana! Hope to see you all again.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck and we hope to see you in Texas soon. Your guidance and wisdom will be missed. Thanks for all of your help with your knowledge and advice the last few year and your support of all Heartland owners.

Gregg and Linda - you are such great friends to Nancy and I. I miss you as neighbors already. We shall see you down the road. Thank you for all your past leadership and support of the club and all the many times you popped by our home to help with anything we needed.

- - - Updated - - -

I know from personal experience how corporations cut their expenses and run; in 2007 my job went overseas - to the Honduras. Fortunately I was in a good place and was able to survive it.

So while I've never met you (just as I've never met most of the folks who make this site what it is) I have come to trust your voice - and will miss it. If/ when these Corp. sacrifices filter down to where it directly effects those I have had face to face experiences with I will reconsider my future alliances. They're destroying my pride of ownership.

Best of luck to you!

Hey Fox - I regret never meeting you. We just never crossed paths. Business decisions get really hard in these tough times and decisions made can be hard for everyone to wrap their head around. It is my hope that Heartland continues the club and all indications are that this is the plan. So the future looks promising and I do hope to be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,

God bless you during this transition! I only met you once but you were very gracious and open about how things worked.

this forum took me to higher and higher levels of knowledge and for that I thank you.

just think maybe you can get out and travel some with your free time!

if there is ever anything we all can do for you.....you just need to ask.

Gary - glad we at least got to meet once. This will work out. - Thank you for your kind words and offer.

- - - Updated - - -

I sure hope that you will be back ASAP. The club under your leadership has sold many RVs. I understand their actions and the RV industry as a whole are going through some rough times.

Don - yes, tough times for sure and it's not only Thor Industries holdings like Heartland - it's industry wide. And of course, all industries are affected. Thanks for the kind words and I hope to be back.

- - - Updated - - -

BTDT! May it open another door and adventure for you and Nancy. Maybe we’ll run across each other another day as we do enjoy our visits to your new home turf of Texas
Regards
Lyle and Nancy

Hi Lyle and Nancy - thank you for your past leadership in the club, we really appreciated you! Other doors - perhaps. Return through the Heartland door - hopeful.

Yes, we plan to enjoy Texas, especially when our new home is completed. They just poured piers for the slab yesterday. Be well.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, I have been afraid that this was going to happen for a long time. We can only hope that things will turn around soon and thing will soon return to normal.

Your friendship has meant a lot to me. We go back a long way and I hope things straighten out soon.

Jay - we've been friends for so very long. Thank you and Stella for pivoting from leadership roles in the Boomers and taking on the reigns in Texas for the HOC and then in even larger roles as Region Directors. It's been a pure pleasure to work with and know you both. And we are here in TX now so we WILL see each other, probably later this year.

Quick funny for others - many, many years ago, I flew to Houston to support one of Jay and Stella's rallies in Conroe and Jay's first order to me was to go buy ice cream. He insisted it be only Blue Bell. Thank you for that introduction. Good stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

So sorry to hear Jim. We hope they bring you back soon and things can get back to a new normal again. Safe travels to you and Nancy and hope to see you again in the future. May God Bless.
Bob and Valerie - thank you for the kind wishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe it! Thank you Jim and Nancy for all you have done for Carol and I personally and for all the Heartland owners, past and present, that you have touched. Your leadership will be greatly missed. Hopefully that will be short lived! I know these are trying times, but it still doesn't lessen the hurt. Hopefully we'll see you down the road soon.

Keith and Carol - thank you for the kind words. And thank you for your leadership in the club. Members are the beneficiaries of your efforts. Miss you for now and hope to see you down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your HOC leadership and friendship. You will truly be missed! Till we meet again, adios!

Ernie and Marie "Boss Lady"

Ernie and Marie, my favorite Boss Lady - I miss you already :( It was truly my pleasure to know you both and see you so many times around North America. Yes, until we meet again!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,
Sorry to hear that this has effected you.
It has been a GREAT ride together right from the very start. I feel sure when the virus is defeated you and Heartland will be back stronger then ever. In the mean time
you take care my friend and stay safe.

dave

It sure has been a great one - hasn't it Dave? And you have been there the entire way - thank you SO MUCH for all you have done for the club. I'll miss you my friend but hope to get back to work at some point. Be well - call me anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim:

Your vision and dedication is enormous and coupled with a loving and kind soul, you have created an entity (the Heartland Owners Club) that can never be duplicated. You are absolutely my favorite boss of all time and I look forward to the time we will work together again.

Julie - I can hardly respond to this. You are a rock to me and SO many. The Club and it's members are so blessed to have you. They are in good hands and I hope down the road, we can "get the band back together" :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Maybe they need to read the $2.2T stimulus package about keeping people on the payroll.
What’s next, they pull support for the forum as a cost cutting measure? A well known woodworking magazine did that a few years back (new management) and their subscriptions tanked. Just saying...