Onecontrol® connectanywhere

Richbald

I'm looking for more information on the ONECONTROL® CONNECTANYWHERE system. My 2019 Big Horn 5W has the ONECONTROL® system and is prepped for the CONNECTANYWHERE feature.

I found an article titled THE ADVANCEMENT OF ELECTRONICS WITHIN THE RV REALM! two years after it was written in 2018 on the RV Open Road website (
https://rvopenroad.com/the-advancement-of-electronics-within-the-rv-realm!/). The article says "To be fully functional, an AT&T or T-Mobile cellular plan is required since the ConnectAnywhere system uses a GSM SIM card. Simply supplying the carrier with the IMEI number located on the router will allow them to activate the SIM card and you’ll be off and running with 4G LTE connectivity."

I already have an unlimited T-Mobile data plan with my cell phone and I guess T-Mobile uses a GSM SIM card and I should be able to get one from them. If I were to purchase the ConnectAnywhere Cloud Gateway could I use a T-Mobile card instead of an AT&T card? I'm not too thrilled with the AT&T data plans I've seen.

On a slightly different note but on the same subject, has anyone connected any other internet access systems to the ONECONTROL system?
I already have a WiFi booster (RedPort Halo), a Verizon Hot Spot, T-Mobile iPhones, and a WeBoost Cell booster that provide WiFi capabilities. Can they connect to the ONECONTROL wireless gateway?

danemayer

Hi Richbald,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Perhaps you've already found this information on the Lippert site. I don't know that there's enough info to answer your questions.

Lippert has made a lot of changes in One Control over the past 2 or 3 years. And Heartland has made changes in which components and capabilities from Lippert they are using. So the compatibility of devices Lippert currently sells with equipment in your 2019 is an unknown. You'll probably have to discuss that with Lippert. I doubt that Heartland has any information on upgrading. Even new trailers being built last month by Heartland, don't use all of the capability of the One Control System. And your 2019 may be set up for even less function.

Richbald

Hello again danemayer,

Yes, I've found the link
you sent. I appreciate your extra effort, too. Before I spend another $300 to $400 buying another gateway, and then have to spend $$ on an AT&T data plan, I hoped to learn that other users had found other capabilities. When I wrote Lippert and asked "If I already own other products that provide WiFi capabilities can they connect to your wireless gateway? I already have a WiFi booster (RedPort Halo), a Verizon Hot Spot, T-Mobile iPhones, and a WeBoost Cell booster.", The reply was "I am sorry but I have been told that it would not be able to work in that application. Thanks and have a great day."

(PS, sorry about the various fonts. When I cut and paste into this forum I get many different fonts.)

Richard

pegmikef

Hello again danemayer,

Yes, I've found the link
you sent. I appreciate your extra effort, too. Before I spend another $300 to $400 buying another gateway, and then have to spend $$ on an AT&T data plan, I hoped to learn that other users had found other capabilities. When I wrote Lippert and asked "If I already own other products that provide WiFi capabilities can they connect to your wireless gateway? I already have a WiFi booster (RedPort Halo), a Verizon Hot Spot, T-Mobile iPhones, and a WeBoost Cell booster.", The reply was "I am sorry but I have been told that it would not be able to work in that application. Thanks and have a great day."

(PS, sorry about the various fonts. When I cut and paste into this forum I get many different fonts.)

Richard

When I bought my Oshkosh I got all excited about it too, read the manual and downloaded the app to my phone, then went and tried to pair it to my phone . . . but there was no wifi option on the menu because as it turns out, Heartland only purchased the level up interface.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I bought my Oshkosh I got all excited about it too, read the manual and downloaded the app to my phone, then went and tried to pair it to my phone . . . but there was no wifi option on the menu because as it turns out, Heartland only purchased the level up interface.

Same here with our 2019 Landmark Lafayette. Nothing really all that great. Wish there was an upgrade product. Would do it in a minute. They have a great idea with the system, but as it is, it is used once during teardown. As my wife raises the rear legs before buttoning up.

GK2018

I was just talking to my wife the other day (before reading this kind of scary you read my mind ) about hooking a wifi adapter or bluetooth adapter to the LCD panel or copying the software to another device such as our phones so we could connect and operate everything remotely. I even went as far as pulling the control panel out and looking at the available connection ports on the back. This might be an easier option than my idea, but then again sometimes I do try to reinvent the wheel

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Richbald

I was just talking to my wife the other day (before reading this kind of scary you read my mind ) about hooking a wifi adapter or bluetooth adapter to the LCD panel or copying the software to another device such as our phones so we could connect and operate everything remotely. I even went as far as pulling the control panel out and looking at the available connection ports on the back. This might be an easier option than my idea, but then again sometimes I do try to reinvent the wheel

Please keep in touch and share if you figure anything out! I’m doing some experimenting today and will post if I am able to connect the trailer WiFi to the internet somehow.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

One my shelter in place mods is to move the touchscreen to the basement. To have manual adjustment inside the coach does not suit my needs. I will post once complete.

Brian

jbeletti

Hello,

One my shelter in place mods is to move the touchscreen to the basement. To have manual adjustment inside the coach does not suit my needs. I will post once complete.

Brian

That sounds like a cool and useful mod. What are they using to get data in/out of the tablet? USB to a serial hub perhaps?

GK2018

Please keep in touch and share if you figure anything out! I’m doing some experimenting today and will post if I am able to connect the trailer WiFi to the internet somehow.
Our RV doesn't have the wifi option unfortunately which is one of the reasons I pulled it off to see what kind of ports were on the back of the device so I could maybe install one. If you do manage to connect it to a router or hotspot you'd even be able to log in to that router or hotspot away from home using your phone and then you would have all the same access as if you were there.

GK2018

Hello,

Brian
I definitely agree, it would be nice to have one in both locations depending on what all features you have on there. For us it only controls the leveling process so it doesn't make sense for ours to be inside the RV and would be much more beneficial to be in the basement like your talking about doing.

2psnapod2

Grand Design put the Bluetooth module in their and being able to use the level up on your phone is really cool. If anyone figures out how to add the various option, make sure you let us know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Richbald

I'd like to chat more about the OneControl ConnectAnywhere situation.

I went ahead and added the ConnectAnywhere option to our Bighorn 3160EL that came OEM Prepped. That was simple. Next, I had to purchase a SIM card from AT&T. I wanted to try it out before making any long commitments, so I purchased a 3GB Prepaid SIM and set it up. After some finagling, it worked just fine. I ignorantly set up my WiFi devices to "connect automatically", and so every device I had (I'm at home in my driveway, with home WiFi), connected to the RV, and ate this data card up overnight, without even trying. I won't burden you with much more detail on the other steps I took, but head into my question/statement.

I signed on to an unlimited plan on nomadinternet . com and subscribed to an unlimited SIM card. It works well in my Netgear Nighthawk, but to use it in the ConnectAnywhere, I've got to reset the ConnectAnywhere unit. I found the reset port, but it's covered by tape from the manufacturer.

I found this https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/technical-information-sheets/electronics/CCD-0002650.pdf

Have any of you done this yet? It looks straightforward in the PDF. Does anyone know what would happen if I reset this unit? Does it require some proprietary information to set it up again?

Nervous in Washington ...

Richard

Cheri19

Same here with our 2019 Landmark Lafayette. Nothing really all that great. Wish there was an upgrade product. Would do it in a minute. They have a great idea with the system, but as it is, it is used once during teardown. As my wife raises the rear legs before buttoning up.
I am a very new owner of a 2019 Landmark Newport, and have managed to establish my wifi, roku, etc., but I have not managed to establish the OneTouch panel. It was an adventure finding the Serial Number and Password, and once I found that I was told that I needed to find a gateway to establish a connection there. I've been told that it's in the kitchen cabinets - it's not. I was told it was in the ceiling - it's not. I'm anxious to use the OneTouch, but so far I've had no luck. If you could offer any help, I would appreciate it so much.

Cheri

2019 Landmark Newport

danemayer

I think a 2019 Landmark would have a KIB Control Panel rather than the Lippert OneTouch that other models have.

Cheri19

I feel fairly certain it's the Lippert, but considering I can't find a missing component I'm not ignoring any suggestion. Where, in your experience, might the control you speak of be?

Below is a picture of my panel...

Attachments

• lippert one control.jpg
    lippert one control.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

danemayer

Dan, they have both. But it does have the older style KIB system
I don't think both systems would be in control of the water heater, water pump, or lights, or anything else controlled by the KIB panel. That would imply added complexity and integration of the wiring. KIB uses a V-BUS wiring approach, similar to the automotive CAN-BUS. I believe LIppert runs direct 12V or 120V wiring. A combined system marrying these types of systems would be a difficult integration supported by neither Lippert nor KIB. The Lippert system might control other components. But on a 2019 Landmark, probably built in 2018, I'd guess that the Lippert system controls the levelup system only.

On Bighorns, and probably Big Country, 2019 models probably to have a more comprehensive Lippert control system. But no KIB.

2psnapod2

I don't think both systems would be in control of the water heater, water pump, or lights, or anything else controlled by the KIB panel. That would imply added complexity and integration of the wiring. KIB uses a V-BUS wiring approach, similar to the automotive CAN-BUS. I believe LIppert runs direct 12V or 120V wiring. A combined system marrying these types of systems would be a difficult integration supported by neither Lippert nor KIB. The Lippert system might control other components. But on a 2019 Landmark, probably built in 2018, I'd guess that the Lippert system controls the levelup system only.

On Bighorns, and probably Big Country, 2019 models probably to have a more comprehensive Lippert control system. But no KIB.
That is correct. The Lippert One Control only controls the Level Up System only. The KIB system controls the rest of the items you have mentioned. That is why it would be nice if it had more functions available to it. The way it is, the One Control is rather useless as the original controller outside did everything it does. It does have some storage for manuals, but that is useless also.