Looking forward to getting our new rig out of the driveway!

Richbald

Hello everyone. We're new to this forum.

We took delivery of our new 2019 Big Horn 3160EL on March 10th this year. It was our first 5W. I drove it home, about 40 miles, parked it in our driveway, and haven't been able to move it since, due to this virus issue. All Washington state and Oregon campgrounds are closed, private and state, and I hear most others are. Since we are supposed to stay home, I don't feel that I can even take the rig somewhere to drive it around and learn to park and back it up. I'm sure most of you have the same restrictions and frustration level. We're sure anxious to get on the road!

Richard and Kim

danemayer

Hi Richard and Kim,

If you have power and water in your driveway, you might want to camp in the driveway. That'll give you some satisfaction, but will also allow you to fully exercise everything in the trailer. There are typically things here and there that need correction. After making a punchlist, you could probably legitimately tow to the dealer to have warranty items taken care of. The when the stay at home order gets lifted, you'll be all ready to go.

Richbald

Thank you danemayer,

You're right
about "camping" in the driveway. We've been doing a lot to the 5W while "waiting as fast as we can". So far, everything is working. I've been exploring all the nooks and crannies of the trailer. I've also been learning about the TV, radio, WiFi system and many other things. Our time hasn't been wasted. We haven't slept in it, nor have we used the waste tanks yet.

I appreciate the reply!

Fox

Do sleep in it a few times, you'll find it helpful - things like wanting a lighted clock, a nite-lite or two, an extra blanket, whatever.

Richbald

Do sleep in it a few times, you'll find it helpful - things like wanting a lighted clock, a nite-lite or two, an extra blanket, whatever.

I think we will take your suggestion and stay in the trailer in our driveway a few times during this challenging event:rolleyes:. We always think we've got everything we need packed, but end up making lists of things to bring "next time".
rolleyes.png

NYSUPstater

As long as you don't have a shelter in place mandate, take the rig to local school or mall parking lot to learn how to back up, park and turn. yes, if you can, hook up water and power and spend a few nights in it to learn how things work and any nuances. Shoot, you just might not want to go back inside the stick house!!!