Extending Warranty Expiration

crmfghtr

In light of the current covid 19 situation throughout the USA I was wondering if Heartland will extend the expire dates of those owners who purchased new RV's right before the pandemic. Because of the travel restrictions and due to a number of dealers / service centers who are closed. Anyone else have these concerns?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
In light of the current covid 19 situation throughout the USA I was wondering if Heartland will extend the expire dates of those owners who purchased new RV's right before the pandemic. Because of the travel restrictions and due to a number of dealers / service centers who are closed. Anyone else have these concerns?

A call to Heartland customer service tomorrow should give you the answer.

danemayer

The written warranty governs coverage and explicitly says that "No person has authority to enlarge, amend or modify this Limited Warranty". That said, Heartland Senior Management could decide to issue some type of official, written, warranty modification. Or on a case-by-case basis, Customer Service could grant goodwill accommodations based on the circumstances. They often do that.

I might be wrong, but I thought most RV dealer repair shops were open for business. If that's the case, Heartland might not see a need to do anything.

For anyone who has a specific problem, now, and there is no dealer open anywhere near you, you should call. They might grant an accommodation to get that specific problem taken care of later in the year.

If the concern is that you've lost a month or two of potential use where problems might have arisen, but haven't, I wouldn't hold my breath. Most people lose many months of their warranty just because camping season for most is not year round.

Dahillbilly

Wondering the same thing, purchased the end of September, took delivery 4 weeks later & it's still parked here in northern WI. Seven months of the 12 month warranty period gone & haven't even used it yet. Hopefully in May if the campgrounds open up around here.

donr827

In the future it might be a good idea for persons who live in areas where you have to put your RV in hibernation for the winter, the best time to buy might be in March or around that time.

Flick

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That’s life. I think you’ll have to chalk this win up to Heartland who is probably losing more now than we can imagine. However, you also win because your unit is still new. Use it and enjoy life. Lot of folk suffering.
And by the way, my daughter just had some roof work done on her unit in Giddings, Texas. They are open and she was told that their business is considered essential since so many rv users are full timers.