Holding Tank Plumbing

dtaylor56

Hello everyone,

We haven't used our Torque 373 yet but are heading out this coming weekend. I looked at the holding tank dump valves and am a bit confused. First, all four dump valves are identical, same size and color. I believe the Torque 373 has two black and two gray tanks. Of course, I will figure out which valve is which when I go to empty tanks the first time, but I was hoping to figure things out prior to that time.

It appears to me that the gray tanks are attached with a long section of pipe so that the rear gray tank actually empties through the front sewer hose attachment. It also appears that the rear black tank is the only tank that empties from the rear sewer hose attachment although there are two valves in this location. (One for the rear gray and one for the rear black).

Do I have this correct? I have reached out to Heartland but so far no response, I can only guess that they are short staffed at this time.

jmarnell

Hmmm, that piping sounds strange for the rear gray tank. On our Cyclone, there are two valves toward the front near the UDC, and two valves toward the rear. The front two valves empty the front black and front gray tanks and they empty through the front outlet. The rear two valves empty the rear black and rear gray tanks and they both empty through the rear outlet. Our handles were not labelled either so the first trip out I figured out which was which and labelled them. You always count on the gray water to flush the lines after emptying the black tank, so I can't imagine they would have the rear gray tank emptying to a different outlet than the rear black tank.

dtaylor56

Thank you for your response John. Normally I would agree but I have this 2" black pipe that runs from the rear gray tank and connects to the front sewer hose connection.

Just so everyone understands the under belly is enclosed otherwise I would just follow the pipes to the respective tanks :)

Flick

Hello everyone,

We haven't used our Torque 373 yet but are heading out this coming weekend. I looked at the holding tank dump valves and am a bit confused. First, all four dump valves are identical, same size and color. I believe the Torque 373 has two black and two gray tanks. Of course, I will figure out which valve is which when I go to empty tanks the first time, but I was hoping to figure things out prior to that time.

It appears to me that the gray tanks are attached with a long section of pipe so that the rear gray tank actually empties through the front sewer hose attachment. It also appears that the rear black tank is the only tank that empties from the rear sewer hose attachment although there are two valves in this location. (One for the rear gray and one for the rear black).

Do I have this correct? I have reached out to Heartland but so far no response, I can only guess that they are short staffed at this time.

4100 Cyclone.
3 front valves that drain thru front outlet. First valve - gray tank #1-shower, front sink and w/d. Second valve- front black tank -front toilet. Third valve - gray tank #2-kitchen sink.

1 rear valve drain thru rear outlet - rear toilet and rear sink.

Jv75353

Since you have not used your rig yet you could do what we did before we used our Cyclone the first time. I just took a five gallon pail of clean water and dumped down the front bath shower then opened the valves one at a time until the water drained on the ground. Repeated this for the toilet and finally the kitchen. Then labeled the dump valves, we used mailbox peel and stick letters B and G there several sizes and colors available.

Thank you for your response John. Normally I would agree but I have this 2" black pipe that runs from the rear gray tank and connects to the front sewer hose connection.

Just so everyone understands the under belly is enclosed otherwise I would just follow the pipes to the respective tanks :)

I have this same 2” pipe that seems to be coming from the enclosed underbelly and tying into the main drain line? Anyone know what this is?

I have a 2020 Cyclone 4270.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

GK2018

Another way to tell what valves belong to what tank is by using different colored food coloring in each tank and then opening the valves one at a time noting what color comes out of which valve.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk