Extended Warranty Insurance

Questions on extended warranty.
I will be in the market for an extended warranty on my 2011 F-350 Dually Diesel 4x4, with 108,327.1 miles
My present policy (Premium Care through Ford) expires in September or October 2020.
I was given a ballpark figure last Fall, by Ford, in the neighborhood of $2500.00 for a 2 or 3 year policy.
Naturally the 3 year covers less.
I have always had a Ford warranty because they do all my work.
I want to compare a 3rd party warranty to the Ford warranty, for cost & coverage.
Seeing y’all own trucks and some probably have a third party warranty I’m looking for advice.
Here goes.
Are there any insurance agents or former agents in the Heartland Group that can offer advice?
Who do y’all feel is the best company & why?
Have you had different companies & why?
Do they pay the provider, or do you & get reimbursed?
Can you take it to any service provider, or only the people they recommend, (which I don’t like)?
I still have 4 to 5 months to shop.
Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank y’all.

Hockster

danemayer

I recently signed up with CarShield. Diamond plan 79.99/month as long as I keep paying. Cancel anytime. No claims yet. Coverage looks pretty good.

My price is on a 2014 RAM w 48,000 miles. Yours will no doubt be higher.

They're moderate pressure to get you to sign up and not think about it. But as I thought out loud expressing various concerns, at each pause the price came down $10. I think they started at $129.99 for a lesser plan and came down $50 and upped coverage.

They claim most shops will bill them directly.

I'm generally not a fan of service agreements, but there seem to be too many very expensive repairs on these trucks. I recently had a tire sensor go bad. Cost around $200.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flick

Questions on extended warranty.
I will be in the market for an extended warranty on my 2011 F-350 Dually Diesel 4x4, with 108,327.1 miles
My present policy (Premium Care through Ford) expires in September or October 2020.
I was given a ballpark figure last Fall, by Ford, in the neighborhood of $2500.00 for a 2 or 3 year policy.
Naturally the 3 year covers less.
I have always had a Ford warranty because they do all my work.
I want to compare a 3rd party warranty to the Ford warranty, for cost & coverage.
Seeing y’all own trucks and some probably have a third party warranty I’m looking for advice.
Here goes.
Are there any insurance agents or former agents in the Heartland Group that can offer advice?
Who do y’all feel is the best company & why?
Have you had different companies & why?
Do they pay the provider, or do you & get reimbursed?
Can you take it to any service provider, or only the people they recommend, (which I don’t like)?
I still have 4 to 5 months to shop.
Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank y’all.

Hockster

i went with Endurance on one of my vehicles and if everything works out, will be insuring my new truck in a year or so with them also. They are a bit more expensive but in line for the most part. Around $4000 for a 4 year policy paid up front but prorated back if you cancel, so it’s ok with me to pay up front. They bill monthly also.
They require repairs to be made with genuine Ford parts if Ford parts are available. (If you have a Ford. Lol).
I checked prior to getting the policy with my Ford dealer and they do work with Endurance. They call first to get approval and all I pay is my deductible which is $100. A lot of companies try to push the $250 deductible but I feel that is excessive if you have something that could be minor like a check engine light that comes on. I pay the deductible and they collect from the insurance.
Your independent mechanic has to be is ASE certified and you can take it there. But check with those private shops because a lot of them will make you pay and you have to collect from insurance. I won’t accept that.
I also have never been a fan of extended warranties. But there is so much technology built into these vehicles that just one transmission sensor could cost you $1000. To risky when the vehicle is less than 5 to 10 years old.
I reckon you could roll the dice. Good luck on your decision.
And by the way, I thought about Car Shield also, but I can’t stand Chris Berman or whatever his name is that does their commercials. Lol.

jnbhobe

I use nothing but Ford for extended warranty, 8yr- 100K is less than 2.5 K, when that runs out you can renew but it's more $$$$ and there are many deductables from zero to $100. I have 20 of them in force now.

donr827

When I was shopping for a extended warrantee for my Ford truck I went on the internet and searched for Factory extended warrantee. I purchased from a Ford dealer in another state for 30% less. He told me that Ford doesn't set the price the dealer does. The next time I went into my dealer for a oil change the extended warrantee showed up on his computer. This was around 6 years ago so I do not know for sure that the same applies today but it will not hurt to give it a try.