Travel Tool Kit

h2oskierc

As my wife and I prepare our family for our first trek in the new TT, I’m curious what you have in your Tavel toolkit?

I’m thinking my cordless drill (probably leave the impact home) and bits (making sure to have squares)
Hammer
Pliers
Slip joint pliers
Screwdrivers
Socket kit
Torque wrench for wheels and Equalizer

What am I missing?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstringer

I too am wondering the same thing as I am new to rv'ing. I brought along my:

Combo drill/impact set along with bits
Torex bits or Torex screwdrivers
Socket sets with extensions
Led work lights/flashlights
Tree saw for trimming limbs
Zip ties
Electrical tape
Spare fuses for both RV and Vehicle
Hammer/rubber mallet
Cutters heavy duty scissors or cardboard cutters (retractable type)
Plex tool with crimp rings or sharkbytes to repair any plumbing issues
Plumbers puddy or thread tape
A/C ducting tape
Keep adding as needed...

Last but not least...take some contortionist classes for the body bending positions you will find yourself in investigating/repairing your RV

h2oskierc

Last but not least...take some contortionist classes for the body bending positions you will find yourself in investigating/repairing your RV

No kidding! LOL

Appreciate all the input from everyone. Keep it coming!

We always also bring line (rope) and a tarp. I know those aren’t exactly tools but ehrn you’re firewood is getting wet you’ll want them. A water regulator unless you’re going to fill up your fresh water tank before leaving home.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Credit card and cell phone.. With the latter you can find a source for what you need. With the other, you can pay for it. But I have a Crescent multitool kit (won in a raffle), plumbing tools and parts, along with an electrical repair tool kit (with multimeter, non-contact AC probe, and a gas leak detector). I also relegated my older 3-gallon air mailer compressor and hose to the rig. As for sockets and wrenches, there are only a few sizes you’ll need, so you could measure and just get those instead of a set with every SAE and metric size known to man.

NP_Chief

If your rig has manual stabilizers, go buy the adapter for your drill. If you don't have a TPMS, you'll need an infrared thermometer to check tire/bearing temps. I also carry a torpedo level to aid in the setting up process. The DW says that is we ever get to go camping this year, she wants to get some walkie-talkies to communicate with each other while setting up... I prefer to use it as an excuse to yell at her and not get in trouble.:D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Walkie talkies are also a good way for your wife to tell you what you just ran over. :)

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

Paid up road service company, getting friendly w/ your camping neighbors so you can borrow their tools. Seriously tho.....WELCOME to RVing!! Lots of good suggestions and you will learn as your go on what to bring.

I might add:
Cordless drill
Emergency Triangle kit
Lime green or yellow safety vest (orange may look like a traffic cone)
Waterproof flashlight

There really is no limit on what you could bring, but maybe a limit on what you can bring due to storage. But so far, with the list above (others and not just my post), you should have a really good start.

- - - Updated - - -

Walkie talkies are also a good way for your wife to tell you what you just ran over. :)

Peace
Dave

Isn't this an "OS" moment???

NP_Chief

Peace
Dave

Dave does make me think of another point... When communicating, remember that "go" and "whoa" sound very similar. Especially if you had to work late and the wifey decided to "get in the cooler" on the way.

donr827

As you start your traveling you will be adding tools like crazy. You should see the mess of tools I have. :cool:

Flick

As you start your traveling you will be adding tools like crazy. You should see the mess of tools I have. :cool:

My dad who was a mechanic for 60+ years used to always tell me, “If you know how to use it, take it with you. It’ll save you from buying another on the road”.

Matt750

While not necessarily a tool kit, I would recommend some sort of first aid kit.

NYSUPstater

My dad who was a mechanic for 60+ years used to always tell me, “If you know how to use it, take it with you. It’ll save you from buying another on the road”.

You can never have enough tools!!!! LOL. Seems each time I want to repair something here at the house, it's off to Lowes for some kind of tool I don't have.