who makes the couches in the 4005?

1CoolZ71

I don't like the L shaped couch in my trailer.
I would like to replace it with a separate recliner and a loveseat
Wife want exact match if I change it.
Who makes it and what is the line called for the dark brown with lighted cup holders?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like Thomas Payne furniture. Lippert is the one that supplies them.

Peace
Dave

jmarnell

The L shaped couch in our Cyclone has a label that says Patrick Industries/Praxis Group in Elkhart.

david-steph2018

Who makes it and what is the line called for the dark brown with lighted cup holders?

Our couch has a tag under the foot rest area. It is from Patrick Industries in Elkhart. It evens provide part number, PO#, and date of manufacture.
When the "D" ring broke I called them and they gave me the part number. I ordered a replacement from Heartland,but found a replacement part from RecPro.

Look at this for example of their supply:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.recpro.com/rv-power-recliners/[/FONT]

Burnsze15

Hey gang. I’m deciding between the 4005 and the 4270. I’m leaning toward the 4005 now, however Im not a big fan of the sectional. I think I found the modular line with that link you guys provided and if so, I think I want to add a modular middle recliner to the inside of the forward facing end recliner. Does that modular piece attach to the sectional L with clips or is it free floating? Where do you store the end piece? I dont mind adding two pieces when we dock, for a larger forward facing couch. theres a couple feet available in front of the kitchen where you will still be able to walk between the couches for to aft. If I can add this additional piece and it solidly attaches, Ill go with the 4005.

RecPro Modular Charles Line, NAR22, 22” wide middle recliner piece.

1CoolZ71

The wife likes to lay on the couch
So the 4005 lets her do that while I have a recliner facing the TV
Works fantastic.

The TV facing piece is a hooked on, loose chair because you must move it to close the slides
I did remove the loose chair facing the TV and replaced it with a nice residential recliner

For the rest, from my quick look, it seemed the recliner and L shape on the slide are fully connected.
It would seem you must replace both but I havent looked super close.

jmarnell

As others have mentioned, the one thing we didn't like about our L shaped couch in the 4005 was the removable seat that faces the TV was not a recliner. I thought about removing it and just putting in a free standing recliner as mentioned in the earlier post, but then found a very close match to our furniture on the Lippert store website. Thanks to it being on sale, and an additional discount for Lippert's anniversary sale, we got it for almost half the price of other options I was looking at. It's not an exact match to the original furniture, but close enough for us! And now I love having a recliner facing the TV while still retaining the corner group look!

20200530_154447.jpg20200530_154506.jpg20200530_154518.jpg

Burnsze15

I think if you contact Heartland parts with your VIN they can give you the manufacturer and model of the modular couch. Im going to call and Ill share it if I find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk