Furrion DV3100 for TV audio?

h2oskierc

Has anyone ever change the cabling on your TV/Furrion DVD Player/radio so that you can get the TV audio through the sound system? I’m thinking I will leave the video out to the TV, for watching DVDs, but then change the red and white audio to be on the TV audio out, and one of the radio inputs. That should work, shouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

Has anyone ever change the cabling on your TV/Furrion DVD Player/radio so that you can get the TV audio through the sound system? I’m thinking I will leave the video out to the TV, for watching DVDs, but then change the red and white audio to be on the TV audio out, and one of the radio inputs. That should work, shouldn’t it?

I’m not familiar with your DVD player. Ours has a Sony and I don’t think that, generally speaking, you can reverse direction of sound from your tv to the DVD player as you can in a home theatre setup. I reckon you could try to see what happens.
Our tv was not picking up color from the dvd’s, only playing in black and white. We narrowed it down to the rca video input on the tv. To correct our problem, we ran a hdmi cable from the dvd to the tv.
To get stereo sound from your tv, it may be easier to use a sound bar if your tv will accept it.

danemayer

You have to take a look at the audio output connections on the TV, and the audio input connections on the Furrion. Often the connections don't match up. Take a look at our owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated guide to review how to connect different types of outputs and inputs.

I did it on my Bighorn Traveler 32RS with whatever brands of tv and sound came in the unit. I honestly don't remember how I did it, but I played around with the inputs and outputs until I got the sound coming from the audio/dvd player. Only drawback is that I have to turn on the audio player separate from the tv and control the volume of the tv with the remote for the audio player. It's worth the extra hassle. Or you could buy a soundbar as stated previously but I didn't want to have anything extra by the tv to fasten down during travel.

h2oskierc

It's worth the extra hassle. Or you could buy a soundbar as stated previously but I didn't want to have anything extra by the tv to fasten down during travel.

Awesome! I’m gonna give it a shot. Maybe right now. LOL

h2oskierc

Ok. Was a pretty easy project. Posting what I found for future owners who may want to do this.

Here is a picture of the Furrion 3100 to help identify it:

7c17503401cb0ac965e3f1df0ac78331.jpg

It is very easy to slide out, the bottom brushed part of the face pops off by hand, and then underneath are four Phillips/square screws.

After sliding the AV receiver out, I found out the Furrion was already connected how I wanted:

f78ea1c86d4e3b192814bab311e8eb4c.jpg

Furrion DV3100 back schematic, notice the Red and White RCA connections are in the audio in.
c9ee02b400898ff8bbf4218156f05702.jpg

At that point it was a matter of changing the TV connections, as on the TV the RCA audio connection was going from the input of the Furrion to the input of the TV. I simply changed the TV connection to be on the TV’s audio output and I was able to get TV sound through the trailer’s indoor and outdoor speakers, press “AV In” on the remote and you should have sound, indoors and out. Had I known how the radio was wired, I wouldn’t have even needed to pull it out. Yours may be wired that way already as well.

Last edited:

Flick

Ok. Was a pretty easy project. Posting what I found for future owners who may want to do this.

Here is a picture of the Furrion 3100 to help identify it:

7c17503401cb0ac965e3f1df0ac78331.jpg

It is very easy to slide out, the bottom brushed part of the face pops off by hand, and then underneath are four Phillips/square screws.

After sliding the AV receiver out, I found out the Furrion was already connected how I wanted:

f78ea1c86d4e3b192814bab311e8eb4c.jpg

Furrion DV3100 back schematic, notice the Red and White RCA connections are in the audio in.
c9ee02b400898ff8bbf4218156f05702.jpg

At that point it was a matter of changing the TV connections, as on the TV the RCA audio connection was going from the input of the Furrion to the input of the TV. I simply changed the TV connection to be on the TV’s audio output and I was able to get TV sound through the trailer’s indoor and outdoor speakers. Had I known how the radio was wired, I wouldn’t have even needed to pull it out. Yours may be wired that way already as well.

Wonderful. Chalk up another victory for you, Furrion and Heartland.

h2oskierc

Wonderful. Chalk up another victory for you, Furrion and Heartland.

It’s our first trip with our new/first TT. Growing up my parents started with a pickup camper, and then upgraded to class Cs, then class As, so I kind of know what to expect, and I have to say I’m impressed with our North Trail. I know it isn’t going to compare to a high end class A, but I’m impressed with the quality. We chose heartland/NT because the initial impression on the lot was way better than some of the others and the construction seems a lot better.

Have a water heater issue to troubleshoot, but I’m fairly certain that is user error, and will figure that out when we get home and I can wait for the rain to stop.

Flick

It’s our first trip with our new/first TT. Growing up my parents started with a pickup camper, and then upgraded to class Cs, then class As, so I kind of know what to expect, and I have to say I’m impressed with our North Trail. I know it isn’t going to compare to a high end class A, but I’m impressed with the quality. We chose heartland/NT because the initial impression on the lot was way better than some of the others and the construction seems a lot better.

Have a water heater issue to troubleshoot, but I’m fairly certain that is user error, and will figure that out when we get home and I can wait for the rain to stop.

Most everyone who owns any brand or make of rv knows the feeling. We take them out for a period of time and when we get home (unless your a full timer and are already home), we spend countless hours fixing or modifying to make things easier next time out. You got to love it. Lol.

h2oskierc

Most everyone who owns any brand or make of rv knows the feeling. We take them out for a period of time and when we get home (unless your a full timer and are already home), we spend countless hours fixing or modifying to make things easier next time out. You got to love it. Lol.

I’m just glad I understood that going in. My wife wasn’t around RVs, and is amused that I don’t want to take it for warranty work on a screw that’s loose. I just know that in five minutes I can fix it. To her it’s a $30,000 purchase that should be better.

cmalberto

Awesome post and findings. Good to know the TV is already wired into the AV in of the receiver. Also a great find on the sub connector. I would or might want to install a small sub for our movie viewing pleasure.

Thanks again.

--Mickey A

h2oskierc

Awesome post and findings. Good to know the TV is already wired into the AV in of the receiver. Also a great find on the sub connector. I would or might want to install a small sub for our movie viewing pleasure.

Thanks again.

--Mickey A

Ok, that sounds pretty awesome...

Chris

2021 North Trail Caliber 33 BUDS - 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab w/ 6.5' Box - Z71 5.3L 3.42 Rear End w/ Z82 Trailering Package - Tuson DirectLink Brake Controller