Start of Another Season

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ignoring HauptFrau Whitmer’s myriad of executive orders, I went up to our PRIVATE campground for an overnight and moved our SECOND HOME (aka. Known as “The Rig”) onto our seasonal site. Got set up, flushed the plumbing and sanitized it, stored some stuff, got the porch set up and did some inside cleaning. And, after all these years, all appliances are still working fine. Looking at my propane tanks, though, I’ll need to get them recertified when they need filling again. Still plenty from last fall, though. We’ll be heading up next week to stay until the beginning of June. Pontoon is already in our marina slip, ready to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

Are you aloud to have any fun, or do anything but stay home in Michigan this year? You should check with mein Frau, and see if thats legal! All of our campgrounds are still closed down here in Indiana.

h2oskierc

State campgrounds are closed in Minnesota too. Our governors friend can have the states largest candy store open (candy stores are very conducive to social distancing), but campgrounds cannot be open because we all get so close together. We were at a KOA this weekend and we only had like 20 feet between us and the next campers.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Using one’s “second home” is allowed, albeit somewhat frowned on. But the beach can use hers. So, since the rig qualifies as a second home to the Fed, she can KMA unless she wants to sic the Gestapo on the CG owner. And many county sheriffs are publicly refusing to enforce her draconian decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

h2oskierc

And many county sheriffs are publicly refusing to enforce her draconian...

Gosh I hope some sheriffs in Minnesota start doing the same. Our “Stay at Home” aka Shelter in Place order was changed to “Safe at Home” allowing some businesses to reopen. Camping still isn’t Ok though. Probably because Our governor doesn’t have any friends with campgrounds. Just huge candy stores. ##### me off.

Looset

It’s good that you are doing such a thing to save people, this is a big step! In my country, the quarantine has not yet been removed, so I want it to end quickly)