Landing Gear stop when Raising up gear on when hooked up truck

Swagems

Good morning I’m having issue when I put my 5th wheel trailer on to my truck the hydraulic landing gear on the right side come up 1/2 way then stops wait a bit then I hear a click and it comes all the way up them the driver side come up about a 1/3 then stop wait a second then click goes up a bit more then stop wait again final goes all the way up
Do have any idea or a wiring diagram
Thank you

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That is a common problem.
Locate the 50 amp auto reset breaker that protects the hydraulic pump and replace it.
They are under $10.

Peace
Dave.

Swagems

Thank you that is what it was I just switch with one of the relay until I get home
then I will order a new one

sengli

Mine went two years then developed this same issue. I replaced the battery, and it didnt fix anything. On my last heartland fifth wheel, the battery was the issue that caused this intermittent stoppage on retract only. It just didnt have the current capacity after three years.

This time I followed some online advise thru here, and replaced the circuit for the landing gear with a 80amp breaker and wired it direct from the battery to the pump. From the factory my landmark had two 50amp breakers in line for the RV's 12 volt power up front. Weak link could have been either of them. Since this mod, I have no more stoppage issues even when cold, when the fluid gets thicker.