Propane leaking from passenger side regulator

Oregon_Camper

Here is my problem. I had a propane leak last Oct, and I replaced the regulator on the passenger side tank, as I could hear gas coming out of the vent. I thought I solved the problem...I didn't.
Last weekend we were getting RV ready and I happen to be using passenger side tank (driver side tank is closed via top knob). We run out of propane in passenger tank...I go over and turn on driver side tank...flip selector to "driver" side. Walk around front of RV...pass the passenger side tank and I can hear and smell gas coming out of the vent on the regualtor I bought in October.
I go to RV store and purchase a new regulator for passenger side...thinking I'm done...flip driver side tank back on....same problem. Propane coming out the NEW regulator via the vent.
I move tank from driver side, flip selector back over to passenger...put driver tank into passenger side...turn on tank...no leak from vent. ?????
So, now I am thinking there is a problem with the selector valve.
Anyone ever have this problem???

danemayer

When you flip the dual regulator to feed from one tank, should should be able to remove the other tank for refill without propane coming through. So it does sound like there's a problem with the dual regulator.

BTW, I replaced my doorside regulator and pigtail today. You might consider replacing both at the same time.

Oregon_Camper

When you flip the dual regulator to feed from one tank, should should be able to remove the other tank for refill without propane coming through. So it does sound like there's a problem with the dual regulator. BTW, I replaced my doorside regulator and pigtail today. You might consider replacing both at the same time.
Got a link to the ones you used?

- - - Updated - - -

Nor quite, but almost. I do happen to have a new replacement selector valve.It is a Mr. Heater F273766. Yours for the postage. You can see it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZQQYG?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1 [/URL] PM me if you want it.
This looks different then the one that is currenlty on my Bighorn? Are they universal?

NYSUPstater

Hubba Bubba Bubble gum ought to fix it! That's what my buddy and I say to each other when we are waiting for the other one when we are in our semis----to use to fix air leaks! LOL
Seriously tho, that issue isn't good. Hope your able to find the prob.

TerribleTim68

Wait, there's a selector switch? Where?!?!? o_O
Seriously, we bought our unit used and nobody showed us anything about it at all, other than "here's your keys, we close the gate in 10 minutes". I've been swapping my tanks from one side to the other because I thought there was a problem with the line or something. :(
Where is this selector switch located?!?!?

danemayer

Check the regulators near each tank. One will have a single hose. The other will have 2 hoses and a lever. It should pull from the tank the lever points toward, but also has an auto mode where when one tank is empty, it pulls from the other.

Oregon_Camper

Wait, there's a selector switch? Where?!?!? o_O
Seriously, we bought our unit used and nobody showed us anything about it at all, other than "here's your keys, we close the gate in 10 minutes". I've been swapping my tanks from one side to the other because I thought there was a problem with the line or something. :(
Where is this selector switch located?!?!?
Most likely on your drivers side compartment. Will look like this.
Captured.JPG