Leveling 2013 Heartland Big Country

Pcmontgo

This is my first fifth wheel, but about my fifth RV. Question is what is the best method for leveling on Unlevel ground? Typical method of backing the trailer up blocks/boards? I recently parked it on an unlevel park with rather large rocks for the driveway so it was hard to level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Pcmontgo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Since you have experience with previous RVs, should we assume you're asking about the 4 point or 6 point auto-leveling? Or do you just have hydraulic jacks in front?

danemayer

You'll want to use boards or other material under the tires on the low side, just as with prior trailers. Then level front-to-rear using the front jacks.

The front jacks share the hydraulic hose, so the jack with the least resistance goes down first. When it meets the ground, the other jack will go down. They only level front-to-rear. They'll self adjust side-to-side to follow however you level the wheels.

NYSUPstater

In addition to what Dan said above, You may have to place some type of blocking under front jacks if you need to raise the front up pretty good. Had elect/adj jacks on old coach and what a PITA at times it was to get them to land at same time on uneven ground.