Strange sound from Splendide Combo

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok collective brain, any idea why my Splendide 2100XC Combo makes a weird sound when it switches to “rinse”? Click the link to play on Vimeo. Clicking the arrow on the image to play the video doesn’t seem to play the sound.

https://vimeo.com/422982580

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alternate Link

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Erika,

The attachment isn't working.

But if you remove the kick plate along the bottom (should pull out fairly easily), on the bottom right there's an access port to check for something that may have gotten stuck. If the washer hasn't drained completely, you'll get a lot of water when you open it. Otherwise just a little. You may need a pair of pliers to turn the knob. There may be an impeller a few inches inside. See if that turns freely.

Splendide Washer Large Object Filter.JPG

TravelTiger

Dan, I put the link into the post prematurely. It should be working now.

I did check that port, and yes the propeller turned fine.

I’ve done more investigating and it seems to be when the pump is called into action, no matter the setting (spin, dry, rinse, in the middle of a wash)

TravelTiger

A final follow up to the strange sound. I called Splendide a few weeks ago and got a very helpful gentleman, but I called during my lunch break at work so I wasn’t able to try his suggestion to take the drain plug out of the front and run the spin cycle with it out.

Fast forward to this week, Tony ran the unit and noted the sound got better with time. Then he removed the plug and guess what came out! A large paper clip! Neither one of us can recall putting this paper clip into a pocket, but we must have, and it wasn’t removed before washing. Thankfully, no more weird sound and Combo performs as it should!

b4a96ea8146fc454d951d65ccdc8e9c0.jpg

danemayer

Good tip to run the spin cycle with the drain plug removed. Of course, that'll be much more pleasant if there's no water in the washer.

porthole

Retired
I just found this post and was goin got suggest looking in the access port. We had the same problem, and same culprit !

A final follow up to the strange sound. I called Splendide a few weeks ago and got a very helpful gentleman, but I called during my lunch break at work so I wasn’t able to try his suggestion to take the drain plug out of the front and run the spin cycle with it out.

Fast forward to this week, Tony ran the unit and noted the sound got better with time. Then he removed the plug and guess what came out! A large paper clip! Neither one of us can recall putting this paper clip into a pocket, but we must have, and it wasn’t removed before washing. Thankfully, no more weird sound and Combo performs as it should!

- - - Updated - - -

I just found this post and was goin got suggest looking in the access port. We had the same problem, and same culprit !

oldelmer1

I pulled mine apart too, didn't find anything inside but water and a little slime.

Ran it in spin mode and no noise.

Ran it in Dryer mode and still no noise.

So I'm back to square one.

Last edited by a moderator: