Heartland Owners Club News - Phasing out of Region Rallies

jbeletti

Hello Heartlanders,

Heartland RVs has made the decision to phase out Region Rallies following the upcoming (September) Mountain Region Rally.

The Mountain Region has their 2022 Region Rally already planned (Gillette, WY) - but sadly, we've asked Garry to cancel it in accordance with the decision to phase them out starting with our next budget cycle. Garry will be making his own notice shortly on the Gillette thread and he will be sending out refunds in the coming weeks.

Heartland remains committed to the Heartland Owners Club and we anticipate no change for Chapter Rallies and the National Rally.

Thank you!

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
President, Heartland Owners Club

RottsNScotts

My goodness, I am shocked! I have not gotten to attend many but the availability of rallies was one of the things that attracted me to Heartland. So sad.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
My goodness, I am shocked! I have not gotten to attend many but the availability of rallies was one of the things that attracted me to Heartland. So sad.

It is only the Region Rallies that are being discontinued. Region rallies were scheduled every other year in the even numbered years.

The Goshen National Rally (the big one) will take place June 2021.

Once the COVID-19 threat has passed, Chapter Rallies will start up again.

In the meantime, many of the Chapter Leaders have changed their cancelled rallies to campouts. Check the Events thread and if a rally time and place fits into your schedule check to see if it has been changed into a campout.

jbeletti

Hi Janet - It's been a couple years since I've seen you. I hope you and the fur kids are well.

As Julie mentions, we're only phasing out Region rallies. For any one person, it's likely they would have made it only to a single Region rally in a given even numbered year. Chapter rallies (up to 40 annually) are the meat-and-potatoes activity of the Club and we remain fully committed to them as well as the National rally every other year in the odd-numbered years.

We hope to see you at a Chapter rally down the road - just like we met the first time in Oregon. Or was it Washington?

RottsNScotts

Hi Janet - It's been a couple years since I've seen you. I hope you and the fur kids are well.

As Julie mentions, we're only phasing out Region rallies. For any one person, it's likely they would have made it only to a single Region rally in a given even numbered year. Chapter rallies (up to 40 annually) are the meat-and-potatoes activity of the Club and we remain fully committed to them as well as the National rally every other year in the odd-numbered years.

We hope to see you at a Chapter rally down the road - just like we met the first time in Oregon. Or was it Washington?

Hi Jim! Think I last saw you at Goshen, 2017! I lost Abby that year but now have a red wheaten Scottish Terrier, Freddie! I had planned to head east to show him at the Scottie Nationals in Oct in PA but now, not sure if it is going to work out SO, may get to come to National Rally in 2021!

I am sure it was WA! SO glad to see you are back at Heartland, working hard as always!

jbeletti

Hi Jim! Think I last saw you at Goshen, 2017! I lost Abby that year but now have a red wheaten Scottish Terrier, Freddie! I had planned to head east to show him at the Scottie Nationals in Oct in PA but now, not sure if it is going to work out SO, may get to come to National Rally in 2021!

I am sure it was WA! SO glad to see you are back at Heartland, working hard as always!

Janet - I think it was near Leavenworth. Nancy and I stayed in a German-themed hotel downtown. Quaint. We loved that rally! And we'd love to have you and the pups in Goshen in June 2021. Ann Mayer was one half of a team that made a really nice dog park at the rally in 2019. If was sectioned off by dog size as well. Hoping she will find a new partner and do this again for 2021.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
We will miss them, 2016 NE Regional Rally is were we made the foundation for our great Heartland friends we have. It's a grand event for us working stiffs who cant get to Goshen for a week or two. We love our local state chapter rallies here in the Northeast, I'm glad Dawn and I had the opportunity when we did to meet and become friends with the wonderful people that attended Spring Gulch and Masseys Landing. Sad, but like all Heartlanders we will have to adapt and overcome. Safe travels to all, see you at a CG soon

Ira & Dawn

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I am glad to hear that the forum and club will continue. I look forward to many more chapter rallies and am already thinking and planning for a Regional Campout in 2022. Stay tuned!

RottsNScotts

Janet - I think it was near Leavenworth. Nancy and I stayed in a German-themed hotel downtown. Quaint. We loved that rally! And we'd love to have you and the pups in Goshen in June 2021. Ann Mayer was one half of a team that made a really nice dog park at the rally in 2019. If was sectioned off by dog size as well. Hoping she will find a new partner and do this again for 2021.

I heard that there was going to be a dog park area. I suggested to the dog team that they invite one of the barn hunt clubs to come do demos and allow folks to participate. I hope they take me up on it in 2021; the dogs and owners would LOVE it!

DebiMac

We are so sorry to hear about the Regional Rallies! But will look forward to the Regional Camp-Outs...and, of course, other rallies.

'Lil Guy'

I'm sure the expense of the regionals to HL is the cause of the rallies being discontinued. However, the diversity of the group coming from different states add to the event with a larger, mixed group which is more fun to attend. If the regional directors are still in place, seems like we could still have these hullaballoos. The comradery of the group is what it's all about. All we need is food and friendship. Never been a shortage of food. In case of events planned, the individuals could pay their way if they're interested. .I know the breakfast extravaganza is reasonable. Individuals could pay for the dinner agreed on. and still add the pot luck part to it. I would think $20 a rig would cover a feast. If I remember, we all bring the entertainment. Just hate to see them phase this out. I've just added an additional $250.00 to Margaritaville and have no place to show it off.lol
I believe this is something everyone involved should rethink. I'm going to a Texas Boomers rally with some heartlanders for the 4th. Be a good time to break the Boomers in with Margaritaville.

Curious how others think about sharing the cost of the regionals without all of the unnecessary expenses like T shirts, etc.. If venders want to participate, fine but not necessary.. Again, it's all about the comradery involved
Later and have a great day..

Chippendale

. Again, it's all about the comradery involved
Later and have a great day..

Frank, I agree with you completely, it's not about getting free T-shirts, etc, I already have more than I can ever wear in the few years left for me, it is about getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. Driving back from a rally in New Mexico last year, I got to thinking and realized, "The closest friends I have, I met in an RV Park". I bet there are at least a few of you reading this who will agree. Stop calling it a Regional Rally, don't expect Heartland to foot the bill, just let the Regional Directors do what they would normally do in finding the location and advertising it on the forum and then everyone get together, have fun and fix everything on my rig. See you in Margaritaville on the 4th.

'Lil Guy'

If nothing comes of this, we'll just let the Unacceptibles grow and have our own Blow outs. Looking forward to seeing you, Pat and Elaine, and Susan Potts. She's probably going to bring Ed with her. Oh welllol See you on the 4th. Get there on the 2nd and help me set up.

DebiMac

Frank, I totally agree with you! Regional Rallies should continue even without Heartland Sponsorship. We love to attend them and often plan our travel around them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Since this pandemic has been going on and various rallies, including our region rally that was to be held in Montgomery Tx. were cancelled, I have been thinking about some sort of Camp-Out in Texas in place of a rally. It is early in the planning stage, but the idea is there. This would be on the region rally schedule (2022) and I believe it would be a fun time for anyone that likes to visit wineries and hang out with friends after.

'Lil Guy'

I really like the Kerrville park we were at a while back. Plenty big and lots to see and do in the Hill Country. Hope to see this happening starting next year.

Mrsfish

Just to add to this thought - we just finished attending the non-rally in Oregon and it was a blast. There was virtually no organization and everyone was fine with that. Groups would fire pit at different rigs every night we could, an impromptu musical evening sprung forward w/ fun side dishes. Different people got together and did different things. Go for it....if our experience says anything - it says it will work!!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
PA went ahead with the scheduled “camp out” replacing their rally earlier this month. Same as Mrsfish mentioned. Good time had by all. All that’s necessary is an organizer to pick the place and act as the placeholder. It’ll go on from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTMB

God bless you jim upon enter a new phase in your life! U gave us all an experience we will never forget! Ty and God bless you! Stay safe!

Fox

I lived thru the loss of my HiLo family, then my Jayco and Heartland family, and now even my Tiffin family.
Corp. downsizing (just nickles and dimes to them) has killed us brand enthusiasts.

Thank you JB, and all former SE USA Leaders and members.

I know that I can not afford to join the Prevost club - but whats left?

Last edited: