Front Landing Gear Stopped Working

JeffG1947

We've got a 2013 Bighorn 3585 RL Bruought trailer home today to prep for firs trip this year. Went to leave and jacks won't go up or down. Repair tech says check circuit breaker near pump. Do you see a circuit breaker in this picture?

Attachments

• hydraulic.jpg
    hydraulic.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 56

danemayer

He may be talking about the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker on a buss bar near the battery. If it trips, the battery won't get charged and as it runs down, won't have enough power to operate the hydraulic pump.

Buss Bar Example Notated.jpgcircuit breaker reset.jpg

The row of breakers is covered by a red rubber boot and the arrangement may vary from what's shown here. But one breaker has a teeny tiny reset button.

NYSUPstater

I replaced all of mine last year. No problems at all with jacks or slides. Yank RV out of storage this year and jacks act up trying to retract. Got home and all seem to work ok for lowering and self leveling.

Piperflyer

He may be talking about the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker on a buss bar near the battery. If it trips, the battery won't get charged and as it runs down, won't have enough power to operate the hydraulic pump.

View attachment 64190View attachment 64191

The row of breakers is covered by a red rubber boot and the arrangement may vary from what's shown here. But one breaker has a teeny tiny reset button.

The breaker runs both your leveling jacks and slides on my BH. On the second picture the small black button on the circuit breaker is the reset button. You have to really look for it on the breaker as the red rubber boot covers then. Also if you batteries are low or dead your jacks won't work.
A lot of people will replace this breaker with as I did with a breaker that can handle more amps to run the jacks and slides without tripping ( Bussmann CB181F-80 High Amp Circuit Breaker ). Also I install a larger battery cable from the breaker to the battery with ( Red 3 Foot 2 AWG Battery Cable ). Both I bought from Amazon. Hope this helps

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Electric or hydraulic front jacks? If electric, follow the wiring from the motor and you will find a fuse holder about the size of a small matchbox. There’s a 30amp fuse inside it. On the electric jacks, this fuse will blow if you raise the jacks all the way to the upper limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was troubleshooting levelers and slides inop, they had been stopping then starting.

turned out to be a corroded connection on the circuit breaker. I saw a spark on it when moving cables.
took the lug off, cleaned with wire brush, tightened all.
we'll see how that holds.

Just thought I'd mention my fix.

2014 Heartland bighorn (bunny house)

sengli

Mine never fully quit, but would run a little then just stop, intermittantly. Ended up like so many others on here, replacing the small breakers with a direct wired 80 amp just for the hydraulic pump. Top right in the attached photo, is the little breakers your looking for, covered with red rubber caps.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    667.2 KB · Views: 19