MorRyde Independent Suspension

Hi all! This group has been so helpful and I appreciated all the responses to my first post regarding our concerns with our 2019 Landmark Newport.

we are in Elkhart and our unit is being repaired. We are very pleased with Custom RV’s responsiveness and their assurance that the issues we are dealing with are not unreasonable to repair.

so, going forward we are considering having the MorRyde independent suspension added to our unit. Do any of you have feedback on this system?

mary

grambini

We bought our Newport in the fall of 2018 and before we used it took it to Morryde and had the Independent Supension installed along with the Disk Brakes. We are very happy with the IS as it gives the 5th wheel a smother ride and the rough roads. when we go over a railroad track I can hardly tell when the trailer goes over compared to the truck. As for the Disk brakes they gave us better stopping power and wouldn't have a trailer without them. For the money spent for the 5th wheel the extra for the 2 upgrades was well worth it for the longevity of the unit going up and down the nations rough roads.

danemayer

MorRyde put IS and disc brakes on our Landmark almost 4 years ago. After years of various suspension and axle issues, the suspension is now trouble and worry-free.

If you don't already have disc brakes, get them now. Everyone who has upgraded to disc brakes is adamant that they would never have another trailer without disc brakes.

david-steph2018

We are considering the IS system for our Road Warrior. But just had disc brakes installed last June in Goshen we are hoping these can be placed on the IS system.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We did ours last year in Elkhart and absolutely love it. What a difference. And after breaking 2 leaf spring on our 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland having the piece of mind is priceless.
I will definitely do it again on the next one.

Definitely get it done while you are there. They were booked several months out so hopefully you can get in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Ditto what others said.

In more detail ...

We had IS, disc brakes and upgraded bearings installed on our 2016 Cyclone 4100 three years ago now.. Pricey, especially for a tri axle, but well worth it. That Cyclone just floats along back there! And, each wheel is independently adjustable for castor, camber, toe and scrub, so it tows better and straighter too.

When we got inside the shop, Sergio measured the trailer hooked up and made recommendations on what to install to ensure a level trailer. Individual IS sections were built to the needs of our trailer, not a one size fits all. Impressive!

I believe IS will add years to life of a trailer because of less bounce, jounce, shake, rattle and vibration. It won't completely stop stuff inside the unit bouncing around, but it'll help a lot.

That being said, if I absolutely had to choose between disc brakes and IS, would probably go with disc brakes for the safety factor. Before disc brakes I was going down hill, not speeding, and a light at the bottom turned red; we ended up in the middle of the intersection with my pulse highly elevated. I looked at Pam and said "We're getting disc brakes soonest!". With disc brakes it's said the whole unit will stop in less time/distance than the tow vehicle by itself; I believe it!

If you can swing it, opt for the package.

JMP

we bought our newport in the fall of 2018 and before we used it took it to morryde and had the independent supension installed along with the disk brakes. We are very happy with the is as it gives the 5th wheel a smother ride and the rough roads. When we go over a railroad track i can hardly tell when the trailer goes over compared to the truck. As for the disk brakes they gave us better stopping power and wouldn't have a trailer without them. For the money spent for the 5th wheel the extra for the 2 upgrades was well worth it for the longevity of the unit going up and down the nations rough roads.

ditto

david-steph2018

We did ours last year in Elkhart and absolutely love it. What a difference. And after breaking 2 leaf spring on our 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland having the piece of mind is priceless.
I will definitely do it again on the next one.

Definitely get it done while you are there. They were booked several months out so hopefully you can get in.

Well talked to Moryde and we have decided to get the IS System installed. So we have an appointment scheduled with them for Oct 28th. Gary Wheeler said it is the earliest he can get us in. Good news is the discs brakes we had installed at the rally last June will transfer over and save us around $4500. Not sure if we will be in the area for the Onalaska rally in November now or not.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well talked to Moryde and we have decided to get the IS System installed. So we have an appointment scheduled with them for Oct 28th. Gary Wheeler said it is the earliest he can get us in. Good news is the discs brakes we had installed at the rally last June will transfer over and save us around $4500. Not sure if we will be in the area for the Onalaska rally in November now or not.

We just might see you there...we have an appointment for the 20 and 21st to have our system looked at and aligned properly. It was installed immediately after our Landmark was built in 2012...have been happy with it, but the alignment which was done in Ft. Worth (Mor Ryde's alignment machine was down after installation) was never done right and not been able to get it aligned properly since. Hopefully they will get this all worked out for us this time.

Mrsfish

We just might see you there...we have an appointment for the 20 and 21st to have our system looked at and aligned properly. It was installed immediately after our Landmark was built in 2012...have been happy with it, but the alignment which was done in Ft. Worth (Mor Ryde's alignment machine was down after installation) was never done right and not been able to get it aligned properly since. Hopefully they will get this all worked out for us this time.

We just had our rig aligned at Henderson’s in Grants Pass, Or. Nice to know that after 5 years of cross country driving the i/s was still aligned pretty close. One of the best upgrades we did was the i/s and disk brakes..

david-steph2018

Ditto what others said.

In more detail ...

We had IS, disc brakes and upgraded bearings installed on our 2016 Cyclone 4100 three years ago now.. Pricey, especially for a tri axle, but well worth it. That Cyclone just floats along back there! And, each wheel is independently adjustable for castor, camber, toe and scrub, so it tows better and straighter too.

When we got inside the shop, Sergio measured the trailer hooked up and made recommendations on what to install to ensure a level trailer. Individual IS sections were built to the needs of our trailer, not a one size fits all. Impressive!

I believe IS will add years to life of a trailer because of less bounce, jounce, shake, rattle and vibration. It won't completely stop stuff inside the unit bouncing around, but it'll help a lot.

That being said, if I absolutely had to choose between disc brakes and IS, would probably go with disc brakes for the safety factor. Before disc brakes I was going down hill, not speeding, and a light at the bottom turned red; we ended up in the middle of the intersection with my pulse highly elevated. I looked at Pam and said "We're getting disc brakes soonest!". With disc brakes it's said the whole unit will stop in less time/distance than the tow vehicle by itself; I believe it!

If you can swing it, opt for the package.

They said our disc brakes we had installed last year at the rally will transfer over with slight modification in the brake line length. So going to save us some serious dollars there

NYSUPstater

Well OP, sounds like you got your answer. I know on TL's 5er forums, many as well have gotten the IS/disk brakes and love them.

rick-99

Hi All,
Had a spring break on my way home the other day and am considering options. Have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio with 7000# Dexter axles and E-Z Flex suspension. After reading about all the suspension issues was wondering what a ballpark figure would be to replace with MorRyde I/S system and add disc brakes. Thanks in advance.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

About $7000

If you plan to keep that rig for a while it will be the BEST $7000 you could possibly spend on it.

Well worth the piece of mind along with the safety of the disc brakes. The ride of the MorRyde suspension is incredible.

Having all of the factory junk out from under there and no more worrys about what is going to brake next !!!!

I'd say it was 2 of the best things I've ever done to a RV.

I was told they are booked up to December already so call them asap and get a spot.

david-steph2018

Hi All,
Had a spring break on my way home the other day and am considering options. Have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio with 7000# Dexter axles and E-Z Flex suspension. After reading about all the suspension issues was wondering what a ballpark figure would be to replace with MorRyde I/S system and add disc brakes. Thanks in advance.

For us with the triaxle for just the IS system, using our disc brakes, it is about $6200. Our appointment is the end of October and we made it back in June.

danemayer

I second Jared's comments. Disc brakes are beyond amazing. The truck/trailer combination easily stops shorter than the truck by itself. With the I.S., the trailer tracks and rides beautifully and I have left behind the axle problems experienced pre-I.S.

If you move ahead, also get the slide out tray for the basement while there. So much better than schlepping containers to get to what I need.

rick-99

First of all thanks for the quick responses. I bought unit in 2017 used and have some warranty left on it. Since appointments are so far out will let warranty fix for now and set an appointment for early next year to upgrade. At that price point it will fit the budget better at that time.

Appreciate the comments and opinions they were extremely helpful.

danemayer

First of all thanks for the quick responses. I bought unit in 2017 used and have some warranty left on it. Since appointments are so far out will let warranty fix for now and set an appointment for early next year to upgrade. At that price point it will fit the budget better at that time.

Appreciate the comments and opinions they were extremely helpful.

Rick,

I assume you mean you have some type of extended warranty that you purchased, because in the RV business, just about all original equipment warranties cover the first purchaser only and don't convey. Even so, you should check the terms of coverage as many will not cover suspension problems.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rick a new spring is about $120.00 and if you are handy you can change it in about 1 hour.
I had to start carrying a spare leaf spring around with me.

Love the IS !!!
Good luck

brianlajoie

In my opinion, suspension issues rate up there with tire issues. We had Morryde IS and disc brakes put on before we drove 10k miles through Alaska. Probably paid for itself on that trip alone. No more shackles or leaf springs to worry about.