Auto Level - 2016 Big Horn

rclogg

New to us '16 3570RS. Auto leveled in the drive to begin the process of putting everything away. And the two right leveling jacks didnt come down all the way, system did display "Auto Level Complete"? I did manually lower them, but is this normal?

Bob - Lori

danemayer

Hi rclogg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

No, what you described is not normal. Manually retract the rear/center jacks on both sides and try auto level again. If it does the same thing, you should manually level the coach and then do a zero-calibration. See if that corrects the problem.
ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL

1. Turn “ON/OFF” button “OFF”
2. Push “FRONT” button 10 times,
3. Push “REAR” button 10 times
4. Control will flash and beep, LCD says “ZERO POINT CALIBRATE”
5. To memorize this level condition , press “ENTER”
6. LCD says “ZERO POINT STABILITY SUCCESSFULLY SET”
7. The control will then turn off.
8. Turn “ON/OFF” on to commence operation.

If you have ongoing problems, the rear sensor may have come loose from its mount. It's in the center, near the axles, either behind or possibly in front of the fresh tank. As pictured here, it's behind. If you remove a few of the coroplast mounting screws on one side, you should be able to peek inside and see how it looks.

Levelup Rear Sensor to rear of fresh tank.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dan has you taken care of.

Mine has done this a few times now for no reason at all. I would manually level it and calibrate, then the next time we get to our next destination it would work perfectly. Just every so often it would have some glitch of some kind. Not always the same glitch. Over the years I just learned that the crazy thing it does today It probably won't do tomorrow.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Lou_and_Bette

Be sure that before you start auto-leveling process, the nose of your rig is elevated somewhat like you just unhitched. Process is hindered by nose being low