Tire replacement

rclogg

New to us '16 3570RS We need to replace the tires on the coach, can you use the leveling jacks to pick up one side at a time and set it down on jack stands while the tires are removed? A couple hours each side, because I wont take the coach to the tire store

danemayer

You can do that.

If not plugged into shore power, make sure you have a good battery charge.

You need to be careful to not let the suspension flip. As you lift, the shackle links move toward horizontal and if you keep going, they'll flip. You don't want to tow that way. It can be a bit tough to get them back to normal.

Also, you may need to put cribbing or blocks under the jacks on the side being lifted.

Hitch up to the truck.

After lifting, move supports into place.

I've used the levelup to pull wheels off a number of times. But I had my tires changed at a Goodyear dealer a few weeks ago. The store is on a service road with a wide gravel shoulder in front. Parked the rig on the gravel and they took the wheels into the shop 2 at a time for new tires.

NYSUPstater

Tho I haven't used the jacks to change tires, I have used them to raise one side to lift them off the ground to grease the wet bolts easier along w/adding grease to axle while spinning the tire. Like Dan said, I hook up to the truck before doing any lifting via rear legs------basically 5er is attached to truck and only 1 side of the coach is lifted at a time so as to not put any stress onto the opposite side rear legs.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I just repacked wheel bearings and replaced brake pads a few weeks ago. BH sat there on just the 6 pistons the whole day. 4 jack stands under the axles. Just have to be cautious not to flip the spring shackles even if only lifting one side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk