New tires up size?

reddogg

I have a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25RL. I recently had a blow out after 7 years. I’m looking for any advice and recommendations please. I have ST205/75/15’s installed now. I’ve read, on the internet, that I can up size to 225/75/15’s or 215/75/15. I believe I have enough side to side room. Top space seems to be limited to maybe 2 inches. Any suggestions please?

SNOKING

I have a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25RL. I recently had a blow out after 7 years. I’m looking for any advice and recommendations please. I have ST205/75/15’s installed now. I’ve read, on the internet, that I can up size to 225/75/15’s or 215/75/15. I believe I have enough side to side room. Top space seems to be limited to maybe 2 inches. Any suggestions please?

Just put Goodyear Endurance ST205/75T15D tires on it. They are rated to 2150 each or 8,600 pounds for all four, on a trailer with a 7,600 GVWR. 7,600 minus around 800 lbs hitch weight and you will be fine. You will have lots of reserve capacity. If you ran your OEM tires for 7 years you have been pushing your luck for the last 2 years or so. The Endurance is one of the best ST tires currently available. Chris

RickL

My question would be why would you want to upsize? You can probably exceed your trailers GVW with youR present size and increasing size may increase what the tire can handle, but it doesn’t increase your trailers GVW. Your GVW is set by the manufacturer and the only way to have it increased legally, regardless of upgrades, is to have the manufacturer recertify the GVW rating. Probably way beyond the cost of a new trailer, even if you could get them to redo it.

The other thing is your rims. They need to meet or exceed the new carrying capacity of the new size (regardless of people’s perspective). Installing tires that can carry more then the rims ability can lead to bead area failure.

hoefler

Tires were 7+ years old, long overdue for replacement. Maxxis makes a very good LT tire I have run or years on my enclosed trailer with out any issues. Switching to LT tires regardless of brand would be a good upgrade.

NYSUPstater

Tires were 7+ years old, long overdue for replacement. Maxxis makes a very good LT tire I have run or years on my enclosed trailer with out any issues. Switching to LT tires regardless of brand would be a good upgrade.

Can you get LT tires in 15" size? If not, go w/snoking's suggestion and GY Endurance tires.

SNOKING