Dump Valve Issue

Ldo

Hello All,
Am I the only one to have trouble with the dump valves? Have a Bighorn 3270, 2017. Kitchen valve refuses to close, Gray water closes sometimes, black water works well. Have installed external Valterra valve on discharge tube. Any suggestions for getting other two to work? Thanks, ldo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Re: Valves

Possible that you may have debris or something else that has become hung up in the seal on the gate valve.
Try back flushing your grey tank into the problem tank.
While back flushing open and close the gate valve.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

2018 3270 RS here. #2 grey tank valve is hit or miss here too. I quit trying to solve the,mystryvand just keep jerking it around until I get some satisfaction. Have flooded us out yet.

Gary521

Is the valve leaking or are you you having trouble moving the handle back and forth?

mlpeloquin

I had trouble with mine. I purchase a new valve. When I opened it up I found it was one of the seals that was grabbed and pushed down into the blade slot. This happened twice to me. Once for each gray tank. Easy fix.

Gary521

Having trouble closing. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
As someone noted, this can be fixed. The valves are rebuildable with a simple O ring. The fun part is getting to the valve itself.

Ldo

Ok guys , first thank you for the good advice. I did the easy thing first; I back flushed the kitchen tank. And low and behold it seems to have worked. That valve closed for the first time in a long time. So the gentleman that gave that particular advice - thank you! I'll let you know if it keeps working. I don't want to remove the shielding from the bottom or pay someone else.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk