level up maintenance

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
is it ever required to clean an apply any kind spray to the rams of the level jacks? if so what is being used? mine have started to make a sound like they could maybe need some kind of a lubricant. When the system first came out owners wear wiping the rams down with something, but havent read anything about it for a long time now

Piperflyer

Every 5-6 months I wipe them down good with soap and water. Once dried I spray a dry graphite spray on each jack and let dry. Whether it's good or not, in my head I think it helps them.

CoveredWagon

I wipe mine clean, then wipe them with Marvel Mystery Oil on a cloth. Used that prceedure on my airplane landing gear struts for years and trust me you don't want a failure there.

Flick

is it ever required to clean an apply any kind spray to the rams of the level jacks? if so what is being used? mine have started to make a sound like they could maybe need some kind of a lubricant. When the system first came out owners wear wiping the rams down with something, but havent read anything about it for a long time now

If several people are asked, you’ll get several answers and probably all different. Everyone will have a process they use that they live with, right or wrong.
We deal with a lot of hydraulics here on our farm, and here’s what we do. If the equipment is being used regularly, there’s no need to wipe down the rams. They are self cleaning so to speak.
If the hydraulics have been sitting for a good while, say over the winter, we wipe them down if we remember to and check for rust, etc. We use a good solvent or petroleum product to clean the rams and them run them in to self clean. We do this for our rv also.
One side note. If they look dirty or have mud or dust on them after traveling, wash them off.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I spray mine with silicone spay lubricant.

blaster-lubricants-16-sl-64_1000.jpg

danemayer

When all else fails, there's always the manual.

If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods with asilicone lubricant every three months for protection. If the unit is located in a salty air environment, it is
recommended to spray the rods every 4 to 6 weeks.