Front leveling jacks "moan" when extended

I own a 2016 Bighorn 3010re which I park on my driveway when we are not out on the road.
My driveway is pretty steep and the rig is nose down when I back it into place.
I notice that when I extend the front jacks to level the rig, they "moan" a great deal when being extended.
This does not happen when I am on a relatively level spot at a campground.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Is this a problem, or to be expected.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Gary

Fox

When parked in my driveway: mine too has the front jacks fully extended (with much additional chocking), the middle jacks don't touch / using a single Anderson bucket, while the rear jacks are on the ground with very little extension; now to answer your question - Yes! - my two front jacks complain about it.

As the city made me remove my (front yard) leveled / pole barn I have no other choice (outside of we are considering moving).

As I'm fearful of all this I ensure all four tires are chocked - and so far all is well. We will be hooking up again this coming Thursday, hopefully the jacks will properly retract.

danemayer

I found something about adding "stiction" fluid to the hydraulic reservoir.
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...i-Stiction Fluid to LCI Hydraulic Systems.pdf
Has anyone tried this?
Does it resolve the "noisy" jack problem?

The anti-stiction fluid is to resolve popping/clanging noises that are caused by micro-movements in the landing gear, particularly when there are wide temperature changes. Your problem sounds more like the slope of the driveway may be putting some stress on the landing gear. You'll want to chock the wheels to reduce forward pressure. Using blocks to shorten the extension will probably also help.

Re: Front leveling jacks "moan" when extended - Problem Solved

All,

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that I found a solution to my "moaning jacks" problem.
I sent a video and pictures of the issue to Lippert Components customer support.
They noticed some black marks on my front jacks and said that this could indicate that they were rubbing abnormally against the jack's seals.
The support representative suggested that I try to use some hydraulic fluid to lubricate the jacks and try to cycle them a few times to see if that helped.
I had already purchased some fork oil (recommended by Lippert) thinking that I had a stiction issue.
He said that would be fine to use as the lubricant.
I did, and the problem went away.

I have been out on a trip and cycled the jacks a few more times and have not had any issues since.

Hope this helps anyone who is experiencing the same issue.

BTW, the support representative also suggested that I use "Brakleen" (you can find it on amazon) to clean off any residue on the jack legs.
I haven't tried that yet.

Gary

LBR

We desert boondock for 1-3 weeks for off-roading, then move elsewhere and do the same thing....for about 10 months each year. Needless to say, the levelup get used constantly and the jack legs always get dusty.

I use a towel and give all of them the shoe shine treatment, then spray silicone on before retracting....everytime faithfully.

With all of this over-pampering, I'm sure a failure is eminent...right??