Leaving the Beach

Dan54

Leaving Myrtle Beach first thing Friday morning. It’s been raining all week, sand & salt everywhere. I’m concerned about the hydraulic leveling & slide outs. Looking for suggestions about what needs to be wiped down, cleaned, etc before I retract. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look ar the hydraulic rods to see if they’ve collected any crud and give them a quick wipe if they have. Probably just rinse the seals with water if they’re crusty. Check the tops of the slides for any sand accumulated up there, even if you have toppers. If you have a leaf blower, you might want to use it to blow sand out of your roof AC unit.
Not experience, just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

When I camped in the Florida Keys we always had a site on the water. I would hose off the under carriage every few days and the day we were leaving the under carriage would get a good bath along with the the sides of the trailer.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
After living most of my life along the Gulf coast of Texas, I have always recommended anyone that is spending very much time near salt water to take care to wash off any exposed metal on both their truck or trailer. If not, be prepared for rust and corrosion.