4007, Goo, Bad, Ugly and.....

NYSUPstater

For those that have the 4007, in all honesty, what do you all like, dislike, good, bad and ugly? Any kind of pantry storage? If not, what do you all do?, How comfy to watch tv in main living area? How large is garage bathroom? How big is the loft? Main questions and may have more. Thanks.

Matt750

We have a ‘19 CY 4007. Love it! What we really like is the floor plan (the large bedroom, kitchen layout with plenty of counter space, large couch essentially in front of the TV, dinette, etc.). I like that all the slides are on the driver side. Keeps the “fun” side clear of the camping space. This past weekend we camped at an area that would have been way too tight to have a slide out on the camping side. There are plenty of other reasons why we choose the 4007, but those are just a few. Now, my wife is 5ft half an inch (yes the half inch matters...her sister is only 5ft) and the kitchen cabinets are a bit too tall for her. I bought a stand that is about 4” tall and fits perfectly in the u-shaped kitchen. For pantry storage, we removed the original fridge and installed a smaller fridge. I then built a small pantry to the right of the new fridge. So now, the cabinet to the right of the microwave in mostly empty! I would call that cabinet a sort of pantry. As far as the rear toilet area, ours is a bit tight. Ours does not have the folding door/wall. I don’t know if the new ones that have that folding door/wall system offer more space or not (I simply have not been in one that has it). The loft we use for storage and I’m not at the camper to measure it. If no one else post the dimensions, I’ll try to remember next time I go to the storage facility. You can see some of the things I have done (and some mods other people have done) in the brand forums under Cyclone, then look for “4007 list of continuous mods” (or something like that). I can’t really think of any “bad and ugly” items. If I were to do it over again, I’d choose the 4007 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmetcalf

Sorry for the late reply (just retired and went full-time in our 4007). We also bought our 2019 - 4007 in Jan. 2019 so we have been using it for around 18 months now and just recently went full-time ..! Other than not having a “dedicated” pantry we have no complaints at all..! We love the floor plan. Of course like most others we have made some upgrades 1. MORryde CRE 3000, 2. MORryde rubber kingpin, 3. Installed cabinet door springs for the cabinet doors above the fridge and microwave. We think Heartland should have installed cabinet door springs for those two cabinets at the factory.
Anyway, we enjoy it very much and are glad we chose this particular model ..!

Sorry for the late reply (just retired and went full-time in our 4007). We also bought our 2019 - 4007 in Jan. 2019 so we have been using it for around 18 months now and just recently went full-time ..! Other than not having a “dedicated” pantry we have no complaints at all..! We love the floor plan. Of course like most others we have made some upgrades 1. MORryde CRE 3000, 2. MORryde rubber kingpin, 3. Installed cabinet door springs for the cabinet doors above the fridge and microwave. We think Heartland should have installed cabinet door springs for those two cabinets at the factory.
Anyway, we enjoy it very much and are glad we chose this particular model ..!

Where did you purchase the cabinet door springs? We have a brand new 4270 and need springs for those same two cabinet doors.

Dmetcalf

561797EB-EF23-4430-ADA5-7268EBBF033A.jpgTake a look under your kitchen table seat where your furnace is. This is what I found and needed to fix it. 7C9A9ABA-7208-43F1-AB42-A353BD0461A9.jpg

Last edited:

Cornholeo

We took delivery of our 2021 4007 on Sat. So far the only issues we have had have been a broken drawer slide and a slam lock latch on the front storage door. I was able to contact customer service easily and the rep Damon was very helpful and courteous. Sent it over to parts and thwy are sending them out. The two high cabinets definitely need that spring latch and I will look at the furnace vent hose. We have been pleasantly surprised at how few discrepancies we have found.

Dmetcalf

We took delivery of our 2021 4007 on Sat. So far the only issues we have had have been a broken drawer slide and a slam lock latch on the front storage door. I was able to contact customer service easily and the rep Damon was very helpful and courteous. Sent it over to parts and thwy are sending them out. The two high cabinets definitely need that spring latch and I will look at the furnace vent hose. We have been pleasantly surprised at how few discrepancies we have found.

Ours is a 2019 model and we started living in it full-time about 6 weeks ago. We like everyone else have made upgrades and found a few things (like no tension hinges for the two overhead cabinet doors) and ours didn’t come standard with the MORryde CRE 3000 suspension upgrade so we added that and the MORryde cushion pin box.

We also changed out the sink faucet in the main bathroom to a residential one. The stock one was just too flimsy to us.
And lastly we added a handrail going up the stairs because we are over 60 and needed it...

Enjoy your 4007 and many happy memories to come ...

Attachments

• 84172C07-E3A1-441A-BD6A-91B506D6CCEF.jpg
    84172C07-E3A1-441A-BD6A-91B506D6CCEF.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 50

Dmetcalf

another modification for an area that was wasted space in my opinion. Now we can use this area to store things.

Attachments

• 044E2533-236B-47B1-AAC1-F255FECE9202.jpeg
    044E2533-236B-47B1-AAC1-F255FECE9202.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17