Torque T26 Vin Location On Frame??

caokgafamily

Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is doing well! Stupid question. Does anyone know the VIN location on the frame? I'm not talking the the factory stickers that show the VIN. I have looked everywhere on the front A frame. I'm assuming its stamped? etched in some metal?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Flick

Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is doing well! Stupid question. Does anyone know the VIN location on the frame? I'm not talking the the factory stickers that show the VIN. I have looked everywhere on the front A frame. I'm assuming its stamped? etched in some metal?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Years ago, when we would get a trailer built or we purchased one that had to be liscenced other than for agricultural purposes, the trailer would be assigned a vin number by the state and that number had to be stamped into the frame with a die tool.
I think that this is no longer required but instead the manufacturer of the trailer is now required to affix a label to the left side of the trailer forward of the axles.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Commercially made trailers have a permanent VIN stamped into the metal of the frame as well as a sticker that gives the number as well as date produced. I believe the stamped number can be found near the kingpin. Home-built trailers have always used an assigned number that is issued by the state.

Flick

Commercially made trailers have a permanent VIN stamped into the metal of the frame as well as a sticker that gives the number as well as date produced. I believe the stamped number can be found near the kingpin. Home-built trailers have always used an assigned number that is issued by the state.

There you go caokgafamily. Looks like you need to keep looking.

danemayer

Maybe it's there on the frame, but I doubt it. Lippert ships the frame to Heartland and all the frame info is on a paper sticker applied to the frame. Heartland applies the VIN # plaque to the side wall of the trailer up front relatively late in the manufacturing process. I can't see the frame being stamped either at Lippert or at Heartland.

caokgafamily

Well as always you guys are the best. The reason I'm asking is because I tore off the yellow stickers etc after buying the Torque. I thought I could relocate them. Nope. So heartland sent me new one and it shows a 2020 manufacture date... after owning 2 heartland camper's I'm jumping ship to grand momentum 320g 5th wheel. I have had NO complaints about heartland since 2006. I wish torque made a lighter 5th wheel toyhauler like the 320g.
Thanks again. Steve