New security camera install!

GK2018

Just finished installing our new security camera, it looks and works pretty good! I'm going to order a second for the opposing side of the RV. The camera has pan and tilt, no zoom unfortunately and it runs on solar so it made my setup a little bit easier! I used 3M sticky tape to stick the small solar panel to the side of the RV and that solar panel isn't going anywhere!
4f65667cf2e1b08e536b9b069498801f.jpg
d63c3a9c64fafdf9f3108e7ee4e66283.jpg
1d30f245c94f95c51425f8f5954c97a5.jpg
926ad31fddbcdbf55a031f5e87cf0a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Just finished installing our new security camera, it looks and works pretty good! I'm going to order a second for the opposing side of the RV. The camera has pan and tilt, no zoom unfortunately and it runs on solar so it made my setup a little bit easier! I used 3M sticky tape to stick the small solar panel to the side of the RV and that solar panel isn't going anywhere!
4f65667cf2e1b08e536b9b069498801f.jpg
d63c3a9c64fafdf9f3108e7ee4e66283.jpg
1d30f245c94f95c51425f8f5954c97a5.jpg
926ad31fddbcdbf55a031f5e87cf0a83.jpg

What brand is it?
And I'm curious as to how it will travel down the highway.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Interesting... we were thinking of adding the Furrion door camera since we already have that observation camera setup. I like the pan and tilt on yours.

Linda & Bill / 2015 North Trail 22RBK / 2004 Ford F-350

jbeletti

Interesting... we were thinking of adding the Furrion door camera since we already have that observation camera setup. I like the pan and tilt on yours.

Linda and Bill - I'm using 4 Furrion cameras on my coach. The new Vision S stuff is really nice. No PTZ and no recording, but decent images and sound and the signal holds rock solid when traveling.

GK2018

What brand is it?
And I'm curious as to how it will travel down the highway.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
It's a Reolink, the camera definitely won't travel down the highway but it goes on and comes off with a few twists of the mounting screw, the solar panel will stay on for sure though using the 3M tape. I've been pretty impressed with the camera so far!

GK2018

Linda & Bill / 2015 North Trail 22RBK / 2004 Ford F-350
I went this route for the solar setup, and pan and tilt option so when we're away we can get a good view of the RV. I'm going to eventually put the other one on the opposing side but time during the day always seems to disappear to fast. Maybe these cameras will catch the time thief?

GK2018

This is the daytime and night time quality. It has really clear quality for both.
f9cadffad4aeaa1c09bd468c59d90db1.jpg
fd7844fb8b112f1426763262e7cd8617.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use Blink cameras, they are battery operated. You do have to have them networked to the internet to view on a smartphone. They are motion activated to record and do have night vision. I take them down for travel.

abb337bfc3e1d72d14139bdbc9de5e44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GK2018

We use Blink cameras, they are battery operated. You do have to have them networked to the internet to view on a smartphone. They are motion activated to record and do have night vision. I take them down for travel.

abb337bfc3e1d72d14139bdbc9de5e44.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed! I like your placement way better than ours and your quality looks really good! Is your placement on the top corner of your RV? I might be moving ours to where yours are located!

TravelTiger

Wow! I'm impressed! I like your placement way better than ours and your quality looks really good! Is your placement on the top corner of your RV? I might be moving ours to where yours are located!

d453e7b255cff859b7d7c4d7a34775e4.jpg

Note the tiny red X’s at front and rear. That’s where the cameras mount.

Gaffer

Can the blink cameras link up to a verizon hot spot (MIFI)? Or does it have to use a router?

TravelTiger

Can the blink cameras link up to a verizon hot spot (MIFI)? Or does it have to use a router?

Yes the Blink can use a hotspot. We have a router in our rig, but we actually have 3 cameras at another location and they use an at&t hotspot to connect to the internet.

GK2018

d453e7b255cff859b7d7c4d7a34775e4.jpg

Note the tiny red X’s at front and rear. That’s where the cameras mount.

Gotcha! I might wind up moving ours in the same location yours are in, I really like that spot! Thank you!

Gaffer

Yes the Blink can use a hotspot. We have a router in our rig, but we actually have 3 cameras at another location and they use an at&t hotspot to connect to the internet.

Which Blink camera are you using on the JetPack?

TravelTiger

Actually this is a newer version than what we have, but yes. It comes with a small swivel/tilt mounting bracket which we used an automotive adhesive tape to apply to the side of the rig. The camera is detachable from the mounting bracket for travel. I would not travel with them attached, it’s not secure enough for that.

Sometimes they put them on sale around a holiday.

Using 3M sticky tape to secure the solar panel to the side of the RV is a clever idea. It's important to make sure it stays in place, especially during travel.