Weird Potty Problem

i4110peter

Hi all,
We keep our 2018 BH3160EL 5er in a shop/barn connected to power. I have noticed that the toilet bowl keeps filling with water even though the pump is off and there is very little water in the fresh tank. I understand that the water inlet flow valve may not be closing all the way, but where is the pressure coming from to keep water flowing into the bowl. In storage, what is the best position for the Anderson valve to be in or does it make any difference? Thanks in advance.

Flick

Hi all,
We keep our 2018 BH3160EL 5er in a shop/barn connected to power. I have noticed that the toilet bowl keeps filling with water even though the pump is off and there is very little water in the fresh tank. I understand that the water inlet flow valve may not be closing all the way, but where is the pressure coming from to keep water flowing into the bowl. In storage, what is the best position for the Anderson valve to be in or does it make any difference? Thanks in advance.

It has to have something to do with higher daytime ambient temperatures. I assume pressures can build up and if you have a bad toilet valve, then there you go, water in your toilet. I suggest putting in a new toilet valve or slightly opening a cold water faucet to bleed off pressure. Actually probably doesn’t hurt anything as long as it doesn’t overrun the toilet.
However, there was some talk a few days ago about Gremlins!

mlpeloquin

There is pressure in the system. Just because the pump is not running, there is still pressure. Turn the pump off and remove the pressure by turning on a sink faucet. Then I would plan on replacing that toilet valve. It is not a hard job to do.

Gaffer

Install a shutoff valve. Sooner or later you are going to wish you had one. Easy install with a shark bite fitting and a piece of flexible supply hose.

Attachments

• 20161005_170359.jpg
    20161005_170359.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 33