Upgrade your suspension!

We are really enjoying our NE trip and our cyclone (traded in a cedar creek) As we neared our campgroun
d near Acadia NP, i noticed the trailer tracking slightly off center. Upon inspection I discovered a broken shackle on the 3d axle. Road side assist sent a welder and heartland agreed to bolster the shackles on all axles. My lesson is you can not overdo an upgrade to the suspension!

Attachments

• 20200624_101513.jpg
    20200624_101513.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92

LBR

I agree that these trailers and suspensions take a lot of abuse.

We have a tri-axle CY also and it got an entire new suspension underneath it...new rear shackles (after breaking one), axles, slipper springs, shock absorbers, wet bolt kit, disc brakes, X-Factor. Tows pretty dang smooth now.

The DW did a test: she stood a container of hair shampoo upright in the bathtub and it stayed there for 2 travel days and over 400+ miles thru hill and dale..

I agree that these trailers and suspensions take a lot of abuse.

We have a tri-axle CY also and it got an entire new suspension underneath it...new rear shackles (after breaking one), axles, slipper springs, shock absorbers, wet bolt kit, disc brakes, X-Factor. Tows pretty dang smooth now.

The DW did a test: she stood a container of hair shampoo upright in the bathtub and it stayed there for 2 travel days and over 400+ miles thru hill and dale..

Sounds like you did it right! I need to do the same,
Just fretting over the $$$$
Thanks!

david-steph2018

We are scheduled to get the Moryde IS installed on October 28th on the Road Warrior.
It will be interesting to see how much of an impact it has on the travel.

Kathi-27

had is and disc brakes installed last year at national rally. not cheap but was well worth it. hardly ever feel rv hitting bumps. so much nicer traveling on these rough roads.

had is and disc brakes installed last year at national rally. not cheap but was well worth it. hardly ever feel rv hitting bumps. so much nicer traveling on these rough roads.

Thats motivation for me! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

We are scheduled to get the Moryde IS installed on October 28th on the Road Warrior.

I would be interested to know if you feel the investment
Is worth it.
Thanks. I

LBR

I would have preferred to go with the IS for our tri-axle CY, but the necessary trip east to Morryde from Oregon was the only deal breaker.

While not as good as having all 6 wheels being independent, we chose to go with a floating axle style suspension installed here in the west. This separates the 3 axles from being rigidly tied together.

I would have preferred to go with the IS for our tri-axle CY, but the necessary trip east to Morryde from Oregon was the only deal breaker.

While not as good as having all 6 wheels being independent, we chose to go with a floating axle style suspension installed here in the west. This separates the 3 axles from being rigidly tied together.

I like that idea. I will research. Thanks!

Kathi-27

Thats motivation for me! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested to know if you feel the investment
Is worth it.
Thanks. I
if your planning on keeping your rv long time it will sure help with not getting your rv beat to death. smoother it rides the less damage to rv. will last longer.
with the disc brakes awesome can stop rv and truck together faster than truck by it self and alot smoother. we feel its well worth the cost and peace of mind

NYSUPstater

Off topic per se but susp related question. I park our BC next to garage and have a angled driveway (sorry don't know pitch), but have to come across it at an angle so LR corner of coach doesn't did into it (I can put 2x4's in gutter where d-way and street meet if I have to----to lesson the drop from where tires go into gutter to d-way), but the RV does clear things. Would a tri axle TH do the same? Just thinking in advance IF we got a TH would the LR corner clear?