About to be new owners

Howdy y'all! We're Rich and Lissa from Sevierville, TN

We started shopping for a 5th Wheel about a week ago. The very first one we looked at is a 2018 Big Horn 3270RS. I was completely in love with the decor, but we had no idea what to look for, what we wanted, what we didn't want, so the search continued. After visiting four more lots and looking in a few dozen rigs, we went back to that first lot, armed with more knowledge and a better idea of what we were looking for. That Big Horn checked all the most important boxes, so we sat down with the salesman to get a good offer, but we weren't planning on pulling the trigger that day. And THEN ... he comes back in and says he has a wonderful deal. They took in a Elkmont toy hauler, and with it a 2016 Ford F350, and they made us a bundle deal that we could not resist with the Big Horn and the truck.

We go to "RV School" and get the keys next Thursday. It will be a couple weeks until the W&D can be installed, so it will stay there until then. We're planning a long weekend shake down cruise shortly after that. In the mean time, I'm making all kinds of shopping lists to get it outfitted and ready to go. I'll post other questions in the relevant forums soon!

danemayer

Hi Rich and Lissa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. In addition to what you get with the RV, we have a great collection of manufacturer manuals on the forum, here. We also have quite a few owner-written user guides that give you information you won't find in the Heartland Trailer manual. They're here.

You can find lots of answers by browsing the various subject areas in the forum. And don't be shy about asking questions. Answers usually come very quickly.

Be sure to check out the owners club, here. It's free to join and membership gets you into rallies where you'll have a great time and make lots of new friends. Right now, because of the Covid-19 situation, official rallies have been temporarily suspended. But there are still unofficial get togethers listed under the EVENTS tab at top of the page.

CoveredWagon

We have a 2018 3270 RS as well and love it. It's perfect for the 3 of us. 2 people and one little puppy dog. We spent all summer in it.
Hope it works for you as well.