USB ports replacement

Fern

Hi everyone
Hoping to get some insight here. I just got back from a 4 day camping trip in big lake AZ. I noticed the USB ports in the back of our 291bh were not working. I pulled out the USB port and noticed they wired it up backwards (positive to negative and vice versa.
I decided to inspect the front one above the main bed just to see and everything was fine and put it back. I later was informed by father in law that it was not charging. I pulled it back out and felt warm and almost like burnt smell to it. I have no idea why it stopped working I looked at the wire to see if I hit it with the screw but all look good.
Anyone know where I can order a replacement ones so to keep same hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter just went through the burned smell from her USB outlet. Will be replacing it this week. I guess they fail just like everything else.

Peace
Dave

Fern

Dave has your daughter found a replacement if so where from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't looked yet but I'll post a link here when I find one.
EBay has several but not exactly the same style.
You might check with Heartland Customer Service.

Peace
Dave

jr814

I drilled holes and mounted higher charge rate USB ports in side, by bed, along with 12 vdc plug sockets, for CPAP. Removed small interstate battery, added 2nd battery box, and 2 AGM deep cycle batteries, then external USB ports to battery box lid. All USB ports, have a switch, to turn off, if desired. I don’t recall the hole size, but a majority are of uniform hole size. The exact mounting hole spacing may be different. Polarity should be correctly matched, but a replacement should be pretty easy. Route the wires and protect from chaffing on screws.