Transferring Fuel Between Front and Rear Tanks

Airbob

I use my rig mostly for offroad motorcycle racing so I'm out boondocking and run a generator pretty much all weekend long which means a lot fuel is burned in the warmer months. I was just wondering if anyone has devised a clever way to transfer fuel from the rear fuel station tank to the forward generator tank. Right now I use a five gallon fuel jug. Pump it out of the 30 gallon back tank into the jug and tote it to the front 20 gallon tank and pour it in. Seems like perhaps a better and simpler way would be to use the fuel station pump and transfer directly from the rear tank to the front tank. It's about 24 feet from the fuel station to the front tank filler cap. Has anyone rigged up something to perform this task and if so how what did you use and how did you do it?

Thanks,
Steve
2018 Torque T31

Dahillbilly

Purchase fuel transfer hoses connect them together & make up one long enuff for what ya need. Did it many times for logging equipment. Only problem you may have is storing the hose.

Flick

I use my rig mostly for offroad motorcycle racing so I'm out boondocking and run a generator pretty much all weekend long which means a lot fuel is burned in the warmer months. I was just wondering if anyone has devised a clever way to transfer fuel from the rear fuel station tank to the forward generator tank. Right now I use a five gallon fuel jug. Pump it out of the 30 gallon back tank into the jug and tote it to the front 20 gallon tank and pour it in. Seems like perhaps a better and simpler way would be to use the fuel station pump and transfer directly from the rear tank to the front tank. It's about 24 feet from the fuel station to the front tank filler cap. Has anyone rigged up something to perform this task and if so how what did you use and how did you do it?

Thanks,
Steve
2018 Torque T31

Instead of pumping from one tank to the other, perhaps you should consider a setup where both tanks are created equal and to switch tanks you simply turn a valve to draw from either tank.
It would take a setup similar to what your main tank has. Drawing from the rear tank is possible because that’s what our Cyclone does and the distance is 40’.
Once you rig up the rear tank for the draw, then run that tank line and your front tank line thru the switch over valve.