Good long handled stick tire gauge

NYSUPstater

So couple years ago I bought the said gauge in title at local NAPA store and for whatever reason, it reads erratically. One time on 1 tire it may read 65 (if rear tire on truck), push stick back I, recheck same tire and gauge reads something different. Do this a few times and as long as I get the number I want after a few tires, move onto next tire. Any suggestions on say a better gauge for dullies and reads upwards of 100+ pounds so I can do RV tires (110psi)?

jmarnell

Last edited:

RickL

I’m a firm believer of Milton dual foot truck tire pressure gauges. Having been in the tire industry for 35+ years it was my go to gauge. I never got used to digital gauges and really don’t trust them as what happens as the battery goes down in power.

Regardless of what gauge you use I always recommend stopping at a tire shop as most quality shops will have a master gauge you can check yours against. If you can’t do that compare yours to two others and see if all three are within 1 lb of each other. As a full timer myself many times as I get to know people in the various parks, tires become part of the discussion. Typically I will compare my gauge with theirs. Not saying mine is correct (I haven’t checked it against a master gauge in a year now) but normally it has been spot on.