Ramp Door failure: Anyone replace with MORryde Zero-Gravity Ramp Door

I've read several treads on Lippert Ramp Door failures caused by water infiltration due to the lack of sealing.
From those posts when your unit is out of warranty it is obvious that Heartland and Lippert were of little to no help in resolving those failures.
My 2015 Cyclone 4200 ramp has become soft and the exterior sheeting has become delaminated from the core.
I would like to know; has anyone replaced their failed ramp door with the MORryde Zero-Gravity Ramp Door?
I'm not at all enthusiastic about replacing a failed product with the same thing from the same manufacture since I question their quality!
Your experience, cost, & pictures of your MORryde replacement would be appreciated!

Thank You,

2TrakR

While ours has not failed yet, I'm sure it will, since we've had about every other "common" item go that others have. We have sealed our door a few times with silicone around any possible intrusion points to try and prolong it's life.

From the product lit page of the MORryde door:

The Zero-G Ramp Door is not currently available in the aftermarket.

Soooo... not sure it would be an option to replace a failed door.

danemayer

Hi harleyjeeper,

First, before giving up on Lippert, if you haven't already called them to discuss you should. I seem to recall someone calling and getting a free replacement door, but they had to pay for shipping (still a lot).

With respect to MorRyde, I haven't seen anything about their ramp door, but they generally have a good reputation for making solid, well built products.

Flick

Hi harleyjeeper,

First, before giving up on Lippert, if you haven't already called them to discuss you should. I seem to recall someone calling and getting a free replacement door, but they had to pay for shipping (still a lot).

With respect to MorRyde, I haven't seen anything about their ramp door, but they generally have a good reputation for making solid, well built products.

A while back, I was looking around on eBay and I happened across toy hauler ramp doors. I don’t remember much of the details, but I seem to remember that there were a lot of used ramp doors for sale for around $300 to $400 and some even had free shipping. If free shipping is not available, a road trip may be in the cards. I remember it because my daughter has a sob with a side patio and after 1 year got waterlogged. Lucky the warranty covered her’s. Check it out.

LBR

Our 2017 CY has the Challenger tailgate. It has been reported that the older Lippert doors had wood inside that can decompose, while the Challenger doors have an aluminum framework and foam...but no wood.

I used up 1 gallon of Herculiner for 2 medium coats on ours...worked out great. Then used silicone on the rest of the outlying hardware...so am confident that it should last many years of minor moisture since we pull it up with any amounts of rain incoming in the forecast.

david-steph2018

I've read several treads on Lippert Ramp Door failures caused by water infiltration due to the lack of sealing.
From those posts when your unit is out of warranty it is obvious that Heartland and Lippert were of little to no help in resolving those failures.
My 2015 Cyclone 4200 ramp has become soft and the exterior sheeting has become delaminated from the core.
I would like to know; has anyone replaced their failed ramp door with the MORryde Zero-Gravity Ramp Door?
I'm not at all enthusiastic about replacing a failed product with the same thing from the same manufacture since I question their quality!
Your experience, cost, & pictures of your MORryde replacement would be appreciated!

Thank You,

While we were sitting at Affinity RV getting repairs June 22 to July 2nd we went exploring around Goshen and the area. At Bontrager's RV surplus they had several ramp doors there. Plus there is another RV place up the road from the county fairgrounds that had some ramp door sitting there. I asked this place and they wanted $150 per door. The name was Rainbow Variety & RV. It is on county road 34. You can call and see if they have a Zero Gravity sitting there.
We had some friends there next to us at Affinity and they had the Zero Gravity on their Fuzion.

https://rainbowvarietystore.com/

http://bontragers.com/

Flick

While we were sitting at Affinity RV getting repairs June 22 to July 2nd we went exploring around Goshen and the area. At Bontrager's RV surplus they had several ramp doors there. Plus there is another RV place up the road from the county fairgrounds that had some ramp door sitting there. I asked this place and they wanted $150 per door. The name was Rainbow Variety & RV. It is on county road 34. You can call and see if they have a Zero Gravity sitting there.
We had some friends there next to us at Affinity and they had the Zero Gravity on their Fuzion.

https://rainbowvarietystore.com/

http://bontragers.com/

There’s definitely used parts all over if you search for them.
Also, I noticed that several rv manufacturers are now using zero gravity doors and Heartland is not one of them. Time will tell if the demand for a lighter door becomes popular.

I received an e-mail from MORryde.
Short answer is I can not use their door.

They said since the door frame in the trailer is not their door frame it's not practical.
So evidently it would be a major & expensive project even if an owner & MORryde wanted to attempt it.
They would have to cut out the current door frame then put the MORryed frame & door in place.
Well if I ever buy another RV I will ... NOPE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

avvidclif

The ramp on mine delaminated from not being sealed. At abt 2 yrs old it was like walking on a sponge. I contacted both Heartland AND Lippert. All Heartland said was we didn't build it call the mfg. After much harassing and haggling they (lippert) agreed to give me a door, the shipping was right at $1k and I had to pay it. They had to have the ramp SN and all dimensions match it up. When it was received and I got round to installing it guess what? The door fit in the frame just fine but out of (IIRC) 12 bolts for the hinge/spring setup only 4 bolts lined up. The rest had to have the holes ground on the side or a new hole drilled and tapped into the frame. I had several holes in the frame visible. Not happy, called Lippert and they asked if I received the trim piece, Nope. They sent me a piece of 1/8" thick steel appx 3"tall and long enough to cover the bottom part of the frame and all the holes. I had to drill out 12 holes to match the new pattern. All because even though they had all the dimensions on the ramp and the drawings by SN they didn't mount the new hinges/springs in the same place. GRRRRRR

Also. It came without the rubber gaskets. I called Lippert, "We don't have that the mfg installs it". I Called Heartland "We don't have any of that"???? Found some on the web. And no decal.

J69king

We just had the zero gravity door installed on my 2015 road warrior. It is expensive but feel it is worth it. I have a couple pictures if you would like to see them.

2TrakR

We just had the zero gravity door installed on my 2015 road warrior. It is expensive but feel it is worth it. I have a couple pictures if you would like to see them.

Please tell us more. Did your original door fail? How much work was done to fit the new one? Was Shipping a major cost factor (could save money by driving there to pick up?). Thanks in advance.

J69king

We had a soft spot on door. The main reason for the change was that it self lowers so it is easier to open and close. Our trailer was in Indiana having work done so the repair shop found the zero gravity for us and installed it along with the railing system. I’m not definitely sure of all that’s involved but I do know power had to be run to the door and the rear frame needed to be replaced and a new frame put on for the new door. It was 10 hours of labor.

wiredog

2016 Road Warrior 427 purchased it new. I have the side patio issue. Super spongy to the point of unusable. Here is my issue with this, its a patio its going to get wet. My literature and purchase walk through has nothing about this patio cannot get wet. Guess what, found an article written 8/21/2020 that Lippert has unveiled a weatherproof ramp, well duh. I will be on the phone tomorrow about this replacement, don't expect much but we will see.