Tire Pressure?

I am running the Sailuns that say Max cold set pressure 110psi. We heat up to about 124psi on the road, is this “normal”? Should I run a lower cold set pressure? Any advice, concerns?

Thank You!

Flick

I am running the Sailuns that say Max cold set pressure 110psi. We heat up to about 124psi on the road, is this “normal”? Should I run a lower cold set pressure? Any advice, concerns?

Thank You!

Always inflate tires to the cold pressure recommended psi. Tire manufacturers take into consideration the increases caused by heat from the road. Couple of things to look for is that pressure increases are relatively even across all tires. In turn, one tire that has a spike over the others needs to be investigated to find the cause of the pressure increase and this is usually caused by another heat source such as under pressure, a bad wheel bearing, etc.

Lou_and_Bette

Thank You!

That’s about where mine run also, I have watched them at this temp for years without problems

avvidclif

I have the 16" Sailuns on my RV with GVWR of 15,500 I looked up the Sailun chart for my tires of weight vs pressure. My max is 110 lbs. I run 95 cold which is by the chart. On a hot day they will get up to 105-110. At 95 the trailer rides much smoother and there is less "stuff" shaken up than at 110. The tires are not underinflated by the wear shown. The Max tire pressure shown on the side of the tire is "MAX" when carrying a Max load. If I went exactly by the chart my cold pressure would be around 90 lbs IIRC. I run the extra 5 for a margin in case one side is heavier than the other.

MTPockets

Also, I’ve seen up to 10 degrees difference when running where the sun in on one side, the sunny side runs hotter and higher pressure.

dpatrickr

I run nitrogen in my 2020 GMC Serria Denali 2500 and only see 3 to 5 psi change on the road. My dealer replaced one and put air in by mistake and I was seeing about a 15 psi increase while towing our 2020 bighorn traveler. I had them reinflate with nitrogen and am happy again. I don't have pressure monitors on the camper but will get them installed. I plan on replacing the China bombs on the camper and going to nitrogen in them to.

danemayer

I plan on replacing the China bombs on the camper.

If you're concerned about ALL tires made in China, you may find it difficult to find a tire not made in China.

When Goodyear unveiled the Endurance tire in January 2017, they said it was "the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States".

Even so, I'm pretty sure GY has manufacturing plants in China and over the course of 3 1/2 years, they could have shifted some production to other countries. The only way to be sure is to get the DOT code off the tires you intend to install, and look up the plant of manufacture. You could look at what's said in blogs, or on retailer websites, but second hand information may not be reliable.

NYSUPstater

I've got Sailuns on the Bc and air them up to 110 and trailer is at max gvw of 16K. So far so good as nothing moves inside coach at that pressure.

avvidclif

Per Sailun:

ST235/85R16 Load rating a 110 PSI is 4400 lbs each.

That's 17,600 lbs of load rating Subtract ~4K for hitch and you could run 100 PSI.