Slides When Travelling

So obviously it would be ideal to operate slides after the RV has been leveled, but what about those roadside stops?

While traveling there are those times when we need to pull over and get something out of the bedroom or get to the kitchen and need to extend the slides. The question or concern I have is that while still attached to the truck and obviously not level, can I extend my slides without doing them damage?

Flick

So obviously it would be ideal to operate slides after the RV has been leveled, but what about those roadside stops?

While traveling there are those times when we need to pull over and get something out of the bedroom or get to the kitchen and need to extend the slides. The question or concern I have is that while still attached to the truck and obviously not level, can I extend my slides without doing them damage?

We also put out a slide on occasion but only enough to accomplish a goal. Since I threw out all my oem furniture, we now can move about pretty freely with them in. Last thing I need is a slide malfunction at a road side park or at Cracker Barrel. Wow. Would the wife get fired up. Lol.

MTPockets

We opened slides in short stops many times... I was always cognizant of parking where it’s fairly level. Never had an issue.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Have opened the slides on many occasions along the road for lunch stops. On overnights where I don’t unhitch without leveling I do too. Don’t worry much about it provided there’s room and freedom to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

If I’m more than one bubble out of level I won’t open them. Slides are a little bit of a balancing act. Best to be as level as possible. IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: