Finalizing small solar project

Fern

Our Sundance does not have any solar prep on it. We made a folding suitcase out of two 100w renogy panels we connect and deeply when camping.
Our previous trailer was “solar ready” by that I mean just a sae plug on the frame.
I am trying to make it more streamline and wanted to get some options. I was thinking of mounting my charge controller in the pass through bay, wire it to the positive breaker (think it’s self resetting breaker in frame between battery and trailer wiring. Then the negative to the point my negative cable ties to the frame.
I would then add a sae port to the frame that’s tied to the charge controller
This way I can just deploy my panels and easily plug into the port. My charge controller currently I have in a Plano box that sits on top of the batteries. Here’s a pic of them from our recent teip
f2ee7dbd0ad3d843c3d1ce5a6900e452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

Our Sundance does not have any solar prep on it. We made a folding suitcase out of two 100w renogy panels we connect and deeply when camping.
Our previous trailer was “solar ready” by that I mean just a sae plug on the frame.
I am trying to make it more streamline and wanted to get some options. I was thinking of mounting my charge controller in the pass through bay, wire it to the positive breaker (think it’s self resetting breaker in frame between battery and trailer wiring. Then the negative to the point my negative cable ties to the frame.
I would then add a sae port to the frame that’s tied to the charge controller
This way I can just deploy my panels and easily plug into the port. My charge controller currently I have in a Plano box that sits on top of the batteries. Here’s a pic of them from our recent teip
f2ee7dbd0ad3d843c3d1ce5a6900e452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have a good plan to make things more user friendly. The one thing you may want to consider is that since you are close to the battery, I’d go straight to the battery for the ground connection instead of using the cable ground to the chassis. Disrupting that connection, which your entire rig depends on, is probably a second choice. Good luck.