The New Heartland

Dmetcalf

Thank you for sharing this article...! This information is very interesting and I would love to see the new logo ..!

MTPockets

Sorry, but it's not something that is an eye catcher.
It's plain and didn't generate anything to draw me in.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

that logo sure doesn’t reflect what the article said: I don’t see it...

said Lesley Melvin, director of marketing. “Our refreshed identity features a contemporary color block design reflecting the open road which connects to our essence of Launching Life’s Journeys. It’s about experiences you have on the road, the great outdoors, falling in love with exploring and creating memories – regardless of what part of life’s journey you are in.”

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
They likely paid a lot of money for that two tone plain Jane logo.
At least they could have sprung for two more letters RV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As a graphic designer for 27 years and a Heartland owner for the past 12 years, it is definitely a total rebranding. If they are trying to “shed the past”, they have greatly succeeded, because no one will confuse the previous Heartland brand (good or bad) with this company brand.

Last edited:

SLO

I still like the logo before the current one. The one with the farm silhouette. Like in the heartland of America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

that logo sure doesn’t reflect what the article said: I don’t see it...

said Lesley Melvin, director of marketing. “Our refreshed identity features a contemporary color block design reflecting the open road which connects to our essence of Launching Life’s Journeys. It’s about experiences you have on the road, the great outdoors, falling in love with exploring and creating memories – regardless of what part of life’s journey you are in.”

" We want our customers and dealers to know, Heartland is here for you no matter where the road takes you. "

Heartland new logo.jpg
OK. I see a detail of a road map. Driving up North (from the bottom) right side road, you need to turn left at the corner because the road dead ends ahead (particularly bad with a large 5th wheel rig!!!). You then have the option at the crossroad intersection to turn left again, running into another dead end street, or turn right and continue on your trip North.

On Edit: I don't see the need to like or dislike Heartland's Marketing Department idea for branding their products. That is their corporate privilege. The paragraph above was just trying to expose the logo designer's background idea, with a little good natured tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

Kbvols

Certainly glad they are redesigning their website as it is very much lacking in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hi all,

I thought I should weigh in on the new logo discussion. As I've been associated with Heartland from almost the beginning, like many of you, the farm scene logo is very meaningful to me.

And while I favor that original logo, I don't hold that as one of the "most important things" to me as I value Heartland RVs (and the club and the forum).

Building RV types and layouts that people want, doing so with quality built-in, wrapping that with a decent warranty and other value adds (club, rallies, forum etc) - these are the things I value most and therefore, are what is the most meaningful to me.

While we are not perfect, we work hard very hard to build a quality product and when we have fallen short, we work very hard to make it right.

This all said, as the Forum and the Club are owned by Heartland RVs, at some point soon, this new logo and logos to come in the decades ahead will make their way to the Forum and the Club.

For those that dislike the new logo, I understand. We're all entitled to feel as we like about it. I just hope and ask that we don't let this get so polarizing that it becomes one of the "most important things" as you rationalize your Heartland ownership experience.

carl.swoyer

Hi all,

I thought I should weigh in on the new logo discussion. As I've been associated with Heartland from almost the beginning, like many of you, the farm scene logo is very meaningful to me.

And while I favor that original logo, I don't hold that as one of the "most important things" to me as I value Heartland RVs (and the club and the forum).

Building RV types and layouts that people want, doing so with quality built-in, wrapping that with a decent warranty and other value adds (club, rallies, forum etc) - these are the things I value most and therefore, are what is the most meaningful to me.

While we are not perfect, we work hard very hard to build a quality product and when we have fallen short, we work very hard to make it right.

This all said, as the Forum and the Club are owned by Heartland RVs, at some point soon, this new logo and logos to come in the decades ahead will make their way to the Forum and the Club.

For those that dislike the new logo, I understand. We're all entitled to feel as we like about it. I just hope and ask that we don't let this get so polarizing that it becomes one of the "most important things" as you rationalize your Heartland ownership experience.
Well said Jim,
Although for me the logo has a generic appearance as in a store brand label.
I'm not speaking out against heartland, not at all.
I do believe in ....
" Brand Recognition".
Whereas Heartland and the Landmark line at least being the top-of-the-line you would think you would want a brand label that would portray that. Top of the line in all levels of manufacturing and customer service, support and most importantly the overall buyer experience.
Maybe incorporate a compass into the logo.
6dfca5738765082599db288ef2258abb.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I don’t believe anyone, us included, is associating the new logo with anything derogatory about heartland products so much as what does that logo really say to anyone?
If I wasn’t part of this discussion and someone showed me that logo I’d squint and have to ask “who’s that?”.
Says absolutely nothing to me. As a posted earlier, the least they could have done is spring for two more letters “RV” or “RVs by”.

Dmetcalf

Hi all,

Well said and I couldn’t agree more with your opinion on the Heartland quality and commitment to building a quality product..!

danemayer

A lot of us who frequent the forum are in our 60s, 70s or 80s. It's very possible Heartland tested potential logo choices with a different target audience; perhaps a group that's in their 40s or 50s. This logo might have tested well with the target audience, even if it doesn't appeal to many of us.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A lot of us who frequent the forum are in our 60s, 70s or 80s. It's very possible Heartland tested potential logo choices with a different target audience; perhaps a group that's in their 40s or 50s. This logo might have tested well with the target audience, even if it doesn't appeal to many of us.

Compared to the original farmland logo and the oval H, yes this logo might appeal to a younger crowd, whom they are likely targeting. But it doesn’t have ANY characteristics of the established brand, so it will inevitably create a disconnect for brand followers, and confusion in the marketplace while both old and new logos exist. It may take a while for the rebrand to be applied globally..., the oval H appears on many of the fenders, and even in some of the decor inside.

50963ba68c91f4cc1bbd95a813ffdabd.jpg