“Do not sleep in this area” Sticker?

harleywalt

this question came to the forefront when a friend stayed over this last weekend(6-11-20). I began looking at issues... with RV’s that are used for long term living. Among related Issues with formaldehyde products used in mfg of RV’s NOT HEARTLAND.

Our 2011 Cyclone2812 has this sticker along with the 2500lb capacity limit sticker. WHY? The two beds are there from the factory. Is this a CYA sticker... I have the owners manual but it may not make much sense even if I read it cover to cover. ....So can anyone tell me why have a bed and a “do not sleep in this area” warning?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi harleywalt,

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it could have something to do with using the garage with toys that use gasoline and oil.

harleywalt

this question came to the forefront when a friend stayed over this last weekend(6-11-20). I began looking at issues... with RV’s that are used for long term living. Among related Issues with formaldehyde products used in mfg of RV’s NOT HEARTLAND.

Our 2011 Cyclone2812 has this sticker along with the 2500lb capacity limit sticker. WHY? The two beds are there from the factory. Is this a CYA sticker... I have the owners manual but it may not make much sense even if I read it cover to cover. ....So can anyone tell me why have a bed and a “do not sleep in this area” warning?

Hi harleywalt,

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it could have something to do with using the garage with toys that use gasoline and oil.

could it be a short version of do not sleep with ( leaking) gasoline/oil toys in this area without proper ventilation? An EPA or civil requirement? I just don’t have a clue on the intent. I’ll just presume it’s required by law and use logic.