Roof repair,thread 2

To the OP, very curious what you find. Literally same thing happened to me today going KC to Branson. 2018 Trail Runner 22 sle. Pretty far from home and not sure how I will get back, plus supposed to leave for a week in CO in exactly two weeks.

Any know where to find my VIN?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Roof material ripped off driving down the highway

To the OP, very curious what you find. Literally same thing happened to me today going KC to Branson. 2018 Trail Runner 22 sle. Pretty far from home and not sure how I will get back, plus supposed to leave for a week in CO in exactly two weeks.

Any know where to find my VIN?
A few years ago a couple pulled into Camplex with a giant ratchet strap wrapped around their rig. It was holding the roof material in place. That might be an option for your trip home.
You might find your VIN on a yellow sticker in the door jamb.

Peace
Dave

Re: Roof material ripped off driving down the highway

Anyone know of a glue from Home Depot I can use to try and adhere the roof back down temporarily?

Started talking about this in another thread but figured it might take a different path.

LSS, 2018 Trail Runner, driving down highway, roof peeled back. On examination, looks like there may have been some leaking where front cap joins roof. Those wood screws and staples were rusted and appeared to have just pulled out.

Called Heartland this AM and their advice was to gorilla tape it down. So, I tired to smooth it out, sunk much longer screws on the cap an then several layers of gorilla tape. We will see. Hopefully I can make it home and get it in to the shop on Friday but I don't have any hope in what they will say.

Now, to my question, family had hoped to go to CO in about 1.5 weeks, and I don't think that will be enough time for a full repair. This roof peeled back about 4 feet. I am thinking about getting a 9.5 wide 5 foot piece of Dicor EPDM. I will cut back my current roof almost to where it peeled. There are somer and wrinkles going back that far. Then tack that piece down, probably with eternabond.

Then take my new piece, overlap the old by a foot or six inches, tack that seam down with eternabond, roll forward with Dicor adhesive to the cap, screw down and seal with eternabond.

Any thoughts on my likelihood of success as a mid temporary fix?

LBR

You should reallyreallyreally have kept this with your initial thread instead of confusing those whom wish to help you.....hope moderators can also agree to MERGE threads?

MOD - moved earlier posts here.

You should reallyreallyreally have kept this with your initial thread instead of confusing those whom wish to help you.....hope moderators can also agree to MERGE threads?

MOD - moved earlier posts here.

Debated that but I was trying to differentiate between two needs.

First is getting home. I think I have at least an attempt of a solution.

Second is once home, how do I not lett rest of my summer plans get derailed. So that is why I started a new thread, but tried to include background details from the first.

Whichever way is easier is fine, but want to clarify the different questions.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I fixed my bubble by slicing the roof material mid way. Used the glue I posted earlier to glue it all back down and added some staples. Then covered every seem with the 6 inch roof tape. Did it in abour 4 hours total once I received the materials needed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk