Level-up and wheel chocks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
How many of you out there that have the Level-Up system still use wheel chocks?

danemayer

I have 4 point levelup with rear stabilizers. There's very little movement, but DW prefers having the wheels chocked with X-Chocks to reduce motion a bit more.

Piperflyer

I only use wheel chocks on unleveled ground. I had X-Chocks when I was new to RVing, but gave them away after a few months.

Flick

How many of you out there that have the Level-Up system still use wheel chocks?

We have the 6 point Level-Up system and on level to nearly level sites, don’t use wheel chocks.
I do use them when the sites are moderately to severely sloped as a precaution if something would fail mechanically while using the Level-Up. Better safe than sorry.

jmarnell

We use wheel chocks just as one more way to prevent a bit of movement while set up. On a level site we only chock one wheel on each side. As was noted above though if the site is off level, I always chock the wheels before unhitching for safety.

SNOKING

We use wheel chocks just as one more way to prevent a bit of movement while set up. On a level site we only chock one wheel on each side. As was noted above though if the site is off level, I always chock the wheels before unhitching for safety.

We live in the Bighorn during the summer for around 4.5 months out of the year, and found that movement with the 6 point Level Up was still there. In planning to install a porch roof that is going to be under the trailers roof over hang, I decided that the trailer needed to be on something more than just it's 6 Level Up legs and 4 tires. As I did not want the two roof to get tango'd up. So I put down 6 16"x16"x4" blocks near each Level UP jack, then concrete blocks as needed in pairs and then 16"x8"x4" in pairs. Now the trailer is as solid as a home on a foundation. And yes, it is not going on the road anytime soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_190207.jpg
    IMG_20200619_190207.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20180910_173925_1.jpg
    IMG_20180910_173925_1.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 79

sengli

Dont really use the chocks anymore. Occasionally I will put one down to help stop the rig from moving if its really on an incline, just in case. I too bough the x chock things, tried to use them once. Put them back in the box, and they set on a shelf in the garage now.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We live in the Bighorn during the summer for around 4.5 months out of the year, and found that movement with the 6 point Level Up was still there. In planning to install a porch roof that is going to be under the trailers roof over hang, I decided that the trailer needed to be on something more than just it's 6 Level Up legs and 4 tires. As I did not want the two roof to get tango'd up. So I put down 6 16"x16"x4" blocks near each Level UP jack, then concrete blocks as needed in pairs and then 16"x8"x4" in pairs. Now the trailer is as solid as a home on a foundation. And yes, it is not going on the road anytime soon.

Wow that roof structure looks amazing! Would like to see more pics. Maybe show us in a new post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We fulltime but are stationary for most of the time since we work. Here lately we have been going somewhere for the weekend every other week, mainly because we didn’t get to take a long vacation in June like we have in the past. We use Camco Super Wheel chocks, they are mainly for peace of mind. They don’t help with stability. They are big, and as wide as the tire.

ece636f4720b7300b89bc797fcabbf91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Guess I'm a cheap 'ol bugger cuz I just place a small 2x4 piece of wood in front of LR tire and behind LF tire to aid in forward or reverse movement after I unhook. Granted sites have been level and no problem, but I'm sure someday this won't happen. Then deploy the 6pt. Our old coach didn't have the 6pt, but I used Roto-Chocks on both sides and year or 2 before trading it, added JT's Strongarms which made a HUGE diff in coach movement (reducing). Get some w/ the 6pt, but for right now, can live w/ it.

avvidclif

6 point level-up here. If the site is level, no chocks. If not, I use them on the downhill side tires (both) so that the only thing keeping it in place while unhooking is NOT the front landing gear. I don't want the landing gear carrying a side load (F,R,L,R), only vertical load. I use the large rubber ones from Northern tool made for big rigs(catch them on sale for <$10). I have seen enough of the plastic ones busted up and left at a site.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
6 point Level Up is normally enough; X-Chock on sloped sites (before unhooking, don't want the coach wandering away by itself) and when grandsons visit (they generate a lot more rocking than Pam and/or I!) Orange, plastic wheel chocks when it's at the storage place.