Trailer King RST tires

edf1951

I have st235 85r 16 tires on my 2020 Elkridge 31rlk. I have searched the internet for reviews and haven’t found much. I was wondering if anyone has these tires and any opinions.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
They are junk. Check your rim rating. If 80psi, get some Goodyear Endurance. If 110psi, get Goodyear G614 or Sailun637.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

As noted. Replace them. They are junk...don’t take a chance of one of these exploding on the highway and damaging your trailer.
They are Chinese Junk.

Flick

I have st235 85r 16 tires on my 2020 Elkridge 31rlk. I have searched the internet for reviews and haven’t found much. I was wondering if anyone has these tires and any opinions.

It’s a better than average chance that everyone is speaking from first hand knowledge. For me, I thought mine would last one more trip. No damage to the slide but it did rip out all my electrical wires. I was lucky.

It’s highly likely you won’t find any good reviews unless they are coming from a tire dealer who is trying to sell you a low priced, cheap tire. Or perhaps the review is from someone who is using them on a non rv trailer. If the tire blows, no big deal.

The bigger question is why they are still being installed on these expensive rv’s. $$$$. Go figure.

dpatrickr

We have a 2020 Bighorn traveler RS32 with the same tire. Just got back from a 25 day trip from AZ to WI to MI and IL. Just over 5000 miles on the camper and over 6200 on our 2019 GMC 2500 Serria Denali. About 100 miles from home we had one of the tire blow out and it took out the trim on the kitchen slde. Still waiting on the repair estimate from the Dealer. Where do I find my wheel pressure rating? I guess I need to replace them all. Any thoughts?

danemayer

Where do I find my wheel pressure rating? I guess I need to replace them all. Any thoughts?

The inside external surface of the rim will be stamped with either PSI or pound rating. Could be 80 psi / 3,200 lbs. Or maybe 110 psi / 3,750 lbs. Usually, the tires are matched to the rims, so if the tire sidewall shows max cold inflation of 80 psi, that's probably the rating of the rim as well. The rim might have a higher rating, but probably not.

You can also check the VIN # plaque at the front, off-door-side of the trailer to see what tires size/weight rating came with the trailer.

Flick

We have a 2020 Bighorn traveler RS32 with the same tire. Just got back from a 25 day trip from AZ to WI to MI and IL. Just over 5000 miles on the camper and over 6200 on our 2019 GMC 2500 Serria Denali. About 100 miles from home we had one of the tire blow out and it took out the trim on the kitchen slde. Still waiting on the repair estimate from the Dealer. Where do I find my wheel pressure rating? I guess I need to replace them all. Any thoughts?

Our Cyclone, on the tire plaque, has 80psi. Tires on our coach were 80psi tires. On the inside rim spokes, 110psi is stamped. Back in May of this year, we installed Sailun tires rated at 110psi.

70gsrick

I know this is an older thread but I’m disgusted by Heartlands choice to put Trailer King RST tires on my brand new 2021 Bighorn. I’ve had 2 blow in the last 500 miles. I replaced 2 with the Sailun s637s on my last trip. That was all they could get. Then lost another one outside the Grand Canyon yesterday. Less than 5000 miles on the trailer. Trying to find two new sailun tires near Ouray should be a challenge. If you have the trailer king tires get rid of them sooner rather than later

danemayer

I know this is an older thread but I’m disgusted by Heartlands choice to put Trailer King RST tires on my brand new 2021 Bighorn. I’ve had 2 blow in the last 500 miles. I replaced 2 with the Sailun s637s on my last trip. That was all they could get. Then lost another one outside the Grand Canyon yesterday. Less than 5000 miles on the trailer. Trying to find two new sailun tires near Ouray should be a challenge. If you have the trailer king tires get rid of them sooner rather than later

Rick,

I'm going to hazard a guess that Heartland shipped your Bighorn with some other tires and the dealer swapped tires. I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them what tires were on your rig when it left the factory. If there was a swap, you might ask for help to get the dealer to cover your costs.

70gsrick

Rick,

I'm going to hazard a guess that Heartland shipped your Bighorn with some other tires and the dealer swapped tires. I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them what tires were on your rig when it left the factory. If there was a swap, you might ask for help to get the dealer to cover your costs.

Thank you for your reply. That possibility never crossed my mind. I didn’t know RV dealers did that. I will call them and if that happened I owe Heartland an apology. I’ll respond when I find out. Thanks!

70gsrick

Thank you for your reply. That possibility never crossed my mind. I didn’t know RV dealers did that. I will call them and if that happened I owe Heartland an apology. I’ll respond when I find out. Thanks!
Just remembered I never replied back with what I found out. I called Heartland and they were very friendly and helpful. She was not able to tell me what tires shipped on the trailer but confirmed the size and rating. I just completed a 3500 mile trip with the Sailuns and had zero problems. I feel it towed better as well. Thanks for your help

wdk450

You can get the Sailuns through Discount Tire online. Free quick shipping. Local Discount/America's will mount/balance them for a nominal fee ($30?).

09Busaman

I just went with a Zeemax Fortress tire for our Elkridge. I have family that owns a tire shop in Tulsa and I told him I wanted a bulletproof tire. I know nothing is bulletproof, but I wanted something I didnt have to worry about. The Trailer King tires I had were a 2 ply nylon sidewall. You could push your thumb into the sidewall (tire dismounted) rather easily. The Zeemax barely moved. I swear the camper tows better with these tires. Replaced all 5 since he ordered them for me. Combined that with a TPMS with pressure and temp, should be good for many miles to come and not worry about tearing up our brand new camper. I still dont understand for what these things cost, the cheap tires they put on them.

sengli

I swear that the blowmax tires drew so much negative criticism , that heartland stopped putting them on their coaches years ago. I thought that Sailun s637s.... were the tire of choice from the factory these days.

SLO

I know this is an older thread but I’m disgusted by Heartlands choice to put Trailer King RST tires on my brand new 2021 Bighorn.

Another possibility could be Heartland was out of stock on Sailun (or some other good tire) and put blowmax tires on the trailer. Not good for the person that buys that trailer, but. It’s hard to get trailers off the assembly line without tires on them. Not making excuses for Heartland, it’s just sometimes the way it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomnbeth

Another possibility could be Heartland was out of stock on Sailun (or some other good tire) and put blowmax tires on the trailer. Not good for the person that buys that trailer, but. It’s hard to get trailers off the assembly line without tires on them. Not making excuses for Heartland, it’s just sometimes the way it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Does anyone know supplies the sailun tires to heartland? My coach is only two months old an I have already lost faith in sailun tires.