Broken Spring Hanger

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Picked up a set of three last year at Goshen. The two ends with the Correct Track were a different part number than the center equalizer one. I still have them sitting in the garage somewhere. I should get around to putting them on.

Jamie Can you confirm the part number for the correct track member. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Guys. As a side note why wouldn't my 2017 LM 365 have the Correct Tract installed or did you install after purchased ?
Thanks.
Den.

danemayer

Guys. As a side note why wouldn't my 2017 LM 365 have the Correct Tract installed or did you install after purchased ?
Thanks.
Den.
Heartland stopped installing Correct Track. I don't recall exactly when, but at least a day or two before your rig was built.

jmarnell

After reading through this thread, I'm thinking an upgrade with the Morryde X-Factor Crossmembers would be a good idea for our Cyclone 4005. We have Correct Track, so have to be sure to get the correct model. The front axle will be no problem, but unfortunately at the rear axle I noticed we have a plumbing drain that is directly in line with where the crossmember would go. Shouldn't be too big a job to rework the PVC drain pipe as it's the 2 inch pipe from the grey tank, but I'm a little more concerned about another pipe right next to the hanger. You'll notice in the picture a white PVC pipe, and it appears to be a protective pipe around the fuel line running from the fuel tank to the generator. I'm hoping there is enough slack in the line that I can move it inward a couple inches to allow room for where the crossmember attaches. Looking at the photos posted earlier of an installed crossmember, both the drain pipe and the fuel line will be in the way the way they are now.
20200724_170745.jpg

Gary521

After reading through this thread, I'm thinking an upgrade with the Morryde X-Factor Crossmembers would be a good idea for our Cyclone 4005. We have Correct Track, so have to be sure to get the correct model. The front axle will be no problem, but unfortunately at the rear axle I noticed we have a plumbing drain that is directly in line with where the crossmember would go. Shouldn't be too big a job to rework the PVC drain pipe as it's the 2 inch pipe from the grey tank, but I'm a little more concerned about another pipe right next to the hanger. You'll notice in the picture a white PVC pipe, and it appears to be a protective pipe around the fuel line running from the fuel tank to the generator. I'm hoping there is enough slack in the line that I can move it inward a couple inches to allow room for where the crossmember attaches. Looking at the photos posted earlier of an installed crossmember, both the drain pipe and the fuel line will be in the way the way they are now.
View attachment 64526
spring hanger.jpg
This might be one case to do a little welding. Some people have welded a small plate over the open end of the spring hanger for reinforcement.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Just an FYI...I ended up ordering 2 of the 021-015 cross braces and 1 021-003 to use on the inside hanger. By the way the Lippert youtube video is very enlightening. After the hangers flex a few thousand times its no wonder they break. Hopefully the cross braces will work.

Routemaster

This is what I made up when I had a hanger break on our Everest I used 2x2 box tube and had 1/4 thick welded on the ends with gussets.
Den.

Attachments

• Hanger to be welded.JPG
    Hanger to be welded.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 79

MillerTime802

The MorRyde X Factor for the Correct Track has the part number U021-015 . The X Factor for the equilizer and non Correct Track has a different part number. Lippert has a sales U Tube video that shows the action of their equilizer. In this video, you can see the spring hangers flexing on the spring ends. After seeing this and finding that these spring hanger failures seem to happening with some regularity. I am getting a couple of these X Factors after realizing all of this. I think the angle iron welded to the hangers will work just as well but this is something I can add myself.Here is the Lippert video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg

Very interesting. Looks like the side to side (lateral) movement in the connection plates could result in a weld failure. I think I'm gonna install some later residing angles.

brianrobb

The week I brought our 3650 BH home from the dealer I went to a local welder to have them strengthen the brackets and put some cross-beams in. As heavy as these units are, they're only constructed for the occasional weekend warrior but are destined to fail if you do any significant travel (especially backing up to park). Parts and labor were only about $250 - much better than dealing with it on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere. Oh yeah, Sailuns instead of the cheap Chinese crap they put on at the factory.

Attachments

• 5th wheel suspension.jpg
    5th wheel suspension.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59