Adding an awning over or on the slideout?

Our main awning on the door side covers the bedroom and stairway. The greatest area of solar gain in the trailer is the slideout with all the windows. Has anyone added an awning in this area? 2018 Big Country 3155.

esscobra

have 3760 - lots big windows on door side - when sun facing that side awning makes huge difference over windows- ordered second awning liv room slide from factory- after my first trailer with and with out slide toppers- I will not have another without them- I ordered from factory installed as well - makes a huge difference in slide temps - IMG_4499.JPGIMG_4497.JPGIMG_8590.JPG

NYSUPstater

Ordered our 3560SS w/ 2nd awning and slide toppers. Love both of them. Just guessing here, but now that you have the coach, adding the 2nd awning would probly be a manual operated one VS electric.

pjones1969

I’ve been wanting to do this to our Cyclone, looking at the manual version but low on the to-do list

Contact LCI, they make one just for this application.
I had one installed on my last coach by LCI in 2017 at the National Rally.
There is a battery pack in the arm by the stairway, operating switch in that arm and comes with a battery charger.
No wires to run or switches to add inside your coach, everything is outside.
They advertise the battery is good for 22 cycles.
The Rally price at that time (2017) was $850.00 installed.
It’s a Solera Universal Awning by LCI.
Three guys came over to my site and installed it, one guy was the person who designed it, took about 1 1/2 hrs.
All above information above is from 2017.

Hope this helps in your quest, there is help available.

Hockster

Fordguru

Any picture

Contact LCI, they make one just for this application.
I had one installed on my last coach by LCI in 2017 at the National Rally.
There is a battery pack in the arm by the stairway, operating switch in that arm and comes with a battery charger.
No wires to run or switches to add inside your coach, everything is outside.
They advertise the battery is good for 22 cycles.
The Rally price at that time (2017) was $850.00 installed.
It’s a Solera Universal Awning by LCI.
Three guys came over to my site and installed it, one guy was the person who designed it, took about 1 1/2 hrs.
All above information above is from 2017.

Hope this helps in your quest, there is help available.

Hockster

sengli

Our landmark has this option. But to add something like this, would there be anything built into the walls, to support the added awning? Anything there to actually screw into to support the new awning enough to not fail first time the wind blows?

Bobby A

Our landmark has this option. But to add something like this, would there be anything built into the walls, to support the added awning? Anything there to actually screw into to support the new awning enough to not fail first time the wind blows?

I was wondering the same thing, the wind can really do some damage if there is no support behind the wall.

LCI used a special fastener they have for that purpose.
Contact LCI and ask about that.
I know when mine was installed the crew was talking about that, & the designer told them to use a certain fastener designed for that wall.
I believe the Aluminum frame forms a perimeter around the outside of the slide where this is attached, but with that said, they still used a special fastener they have, they did not use an ordinary screw for the job.

Hockster