Furniture problems

Dperkins

The vinyl is cracking and coming off of the two chairs and fold out couch in our North Trail elite series trailer. Anyone else having this issue? This furniture is too new to be doing this. It is kept under cover and has only been used about six times.

danemayer

Hi DPerkins,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I've moved your thread into the Furniture area.

Someone posted about a similar sounding problem a few days ago, so you're not alone. If your trailer was purchased new, less than 12 months ago, you should put in a warranty claim, either through your dealer, or call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

I'm not aware of any repair kits, so if you're out of warranty, and it's bothersome enough, you might want to investigate residential furniture from a local store.

sengli

Quite a bit of the RV type furniture looks pretty, but is really made very cheaply. On our last two new RV's we had to replace the furniture with either lazy boy, or best brand home furnishings. The original RV furniture went to to the curb or the burn pile.

Bobby A

Quite a bit of the RV type furniture looks pretty, but is really made very cheaply. On our last two new RV's we had to replace the furniture with either lazy boy, or best brand home furnishings. The original RV furniture went to to the curb or the burn pile.

Same for us, bought Lazy boy small recliners that fit perfectly in our BH, also bought a microfiber reclining love seat from Ashley furniture, we love the choice we made.

Last edited:

Piperflyer

The covering is made of Pleather which looks nice when new, but doesn't hold up. Most furniture in all RV's is made from this. Easier to just toss it out and buy some descent furniture from a furniture store. Make sure you measure what new furniture will fit as a replacement before purchasing.

I must concur with the OP. The recliners we have in our 2014 Landmark are comfy, but they are so cheaply made. They're too expensive to replace though...Rant Over.