Thread: Auburn and Montgomery AL

1. Print this Post   #1

Auburn and Montgomery AL

Howdy campers,

We will roll out in November to Tallulah Falls, North Georgia via Louisiana. We decided to break the trip up in to two legs. We will travel I20 and stay at Oak Mountain State Park on the way up. However on the return trip we would like different scenery and plan to travel south through I65 and stop in either Montgomery or Auburn, Alabama. Our hope is someone on this forum could recommend which would be best as far as camp site and attractions. We have children ranging from 4-12 years of age. Appreciate recommendations.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Auburn and Montgomery AL

Quote Originally Posted by Malbro66 View Post
    Howdy campers,

We will roll out in November to Tallulah Falls, North Georgia via Louisiana. We decided to break the trip up in to two legs. We will travel I20 and stay at Oak Mountain State Park on the way up. However on the return trip we would like different scenery and plan to travel south through I65 and stop in either Montgomery or Auburn, Alabama. Our hope is someone on this forum could recommend which would be best as far as camp site and attractions. We have children ranging from 4-12 years of age. Appreciate recommendations.

Correction - I85 south Auburn and Montgomery.

3. Print this Post   #3

I can't recommend what to do in the area, But we have stopeed at Montgomery South RV Park just for a layover for the night many times. Mainly because it's easy in and easy out and not located inside the city.

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Malbro66 View Post
    Howdy campers,

In 2018 when we stopped in Montgomery for a couple of nights we went to Selma to see the area. We stayed at a campground called The Woods, but nothing in the campground for kids. Also the area around the campground was not the greatest, but they had off duty sheriff deputies patrolling over night.

5. Print this Post   #5

Fort Toulouse in Wetumpka, AL is just north of Montgomery. Quiet, beautiful and lots of history. Plenty of room for the kids to roam around safely. Around $20 a night, 50 amp and water. Dump station on the way out. Itís a Corp of Engineers campground leased by the state.
    Malcolm Talley
    2015 Big Country 3650RL

6. Print this Post   #6

Thank you for the replies! We found Gunter Hill in Tuscaloosa.
    Last edited by Malbro66; 1 Day Ago at 04:26 PM.