Winegard SWM3 problems

Widow3

I own a 2014 Mobile Suite 5th wheel & my Winegard satellite dish died. I found out that is discontinued & I had to purchase a SWM3. I had a local dealer install the dish on the roof & it did it's thing. Great! All satellites were locked in. Then I tried to hook up the receivers. I have tried every possibility in the manual but I still come up with no signal on Tuner 2. I need help, please. I'm so frustrated...

danemayer

Hi Widow3,

Although Mobile Suites is overseen by the Heartland Executive Team, I'm not sure many here know much about MS.

However, with respect to SWM satellite, generally SWM has 1 coax wire from dish to receiver. The wire must have a Power Inserter sending power back to the dish. If there is a splitter, it must be the correct type for SWM and only one of the connection ports will pass the power from the Power Inserter. Your receiver must be SWM compatible and must be set to either a Slimline 3 or 5 if I remember correctly.

Garypowell

I would have your installer come back out as it seems he did not complete the job. Before he left they should have made sure everything worked.

I have found Directv’s technical support very good once you can get to them.

it might just be that your receiver is not compatible with swm. You should be able to figure that out with an on line search

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
These guys give great advice! We had Heartlands for 13 years and this forum was super helpful. Now we have a DRV. They also have a forum, but it’s not very active and not associated with the company. There are also a couple of Facebook pages with lots more people involved. You might try a google search for DRV Facebook groups. One of them is DRV owners group, another is DRV lifestyle. Good luck!