Wow, wow, water!

sporlan

I can not begin to tell everybody how discussed I am with the quality of my 09 Cyclone trailer! Water seems to be a BIG problem for the factory. The first mess was a loose nut on the hot water tank and a flooded kitchen floor with counter damage. Next the grand daddy. After bringing the trailer home from winter storage the leaks are a plenty. So much water had leaked in around the living room bump out that it had then frozen and the entire run of carpet was a block of ice. After heating, dehumidifying. and drying I have spent several hours of searching. Guess what I found. The long rectangle window up high above the bump outs seal is bad and leaking. After removing the interior frame water damage has accoured from leaking down inside the wall, out around to the edges of the bump out and behind the seals that run down the bump out. This is how the water got in the trailer and saturated the carpet. Oh, and I am not finished. Both skylights, the kitchen and garage also leaks and has damaged the wood framing and ceiling around the interior plastic framing. I had to reseal the roof with RV sealant around the skylights. This will be the last Heartland trailer I purchase and will do my best to let all my camping and riding friends to stay away from Heartland trailers and toy haulers!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Gee, just the opposite from mine. First week end in south louisiana we had the rv, it rained, friday, sat. And sunday. Not a leak anywhere. I checked the windows and slide outs, not a drop anywhere. We don't have the ice but we do have a lot of rain. Good luck with the water damage, i'm sure your dealer will take care of all of it. What did he say about it?

Bobby A

Wow, the only thing I can say is I'm sorry to hear that, and I feel your pain and frustration. I have a B/H on line being built as we speek.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sporlan have you contacted your dealer to report the damage? At least give them and Heartland a chance to make things right. I know you're mad and frustrated right now, but at least give them a shot at fixing it.

CrazyScotsman

well, my B/H just went through some severe weather this afternoon, it rained like an sob, not a leak anywhere.
talk with the dealer, get it taking care of.

rjr6150

Sporlan
I can understand your frustration but please don't give up on HL without at least giving them a shot to at least exam the problems. It has been my experience they are an upfront company and focused on customer service. The things on mine were minor compared to yours but believe me they want to do the correct things for their customers.

tmcran

I can not begin to tell everybody how discussed I am with the quality of my 09 Cyclone trailer! Water seems to be a BIG problem for the factory. The first mess was a loose nut on the hot water tank and a flooded kitchen floor with counter damage. Next the grand daddy. After bringing the trailer home from winter storage the leaks are a plenty. So much water had leaked in around the living room bump out that it had then frozen and the entire run of carpet was a block of ice. After heating, dehumidifying. and drying I have spent several hours of searching. Guess what I found. The long rectangle window up high above the bump outs seal is bad and leaking. After removing the interior frame water damage has accoured from leaking down inside the wall, out around to the edges of the bump out and behind the seals that run down the bump out. This is how the water got in the trailer and saturated the carpet. Oh, and I am not finished. Both skylights, the kitchen and garage also leaks and has damaged the wood framing and ceiling around the interior plastic framing. I had to reseal the roof with RV sealant around the skylights. This will be the last Heartland trailer I purchase and will do my best to let all my camping and riding friends to stay away from Heartland trailers and toy haulers!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So sorry to hear about this. This seems to be a very common problem with Heartland products. I have a new Sundance 2-7-09 that has leaks in the basement, shower that was worked on for almost 2 weeks--still leaks. Major front bedroom slide leak that is in for the 2nd time in a week and a half. These leaks were found by just running a 12 volt graden sprayer over the top and sides of the slides. I hate to think what a hard rain would have done.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
These things really happen and there are always lemons in every bunch. Sporlan, let Heartland customer service take care of your issues in conjunction with the dealer. Sounds like you are still under warranty, so hopefully things will improve for u. I had over 30 minor issues, but Heartland and the dealer has solved most of them. Good luck, hope Jim Fenner is listening.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
So sorry to hear about this. This seems to be a very common problem with Heartland products. I have a new Sundance 2-7-09 that has leaks in the basement, shower that was worked on for almost 2 weeks--still leaks. Major front bedroom slide leak that is in for the 2nd time in a week and a half. These leaks were found by just running a 12 volt graden sprayer over the top and sides of the slides. I hate to think what a hard rain would have done.

I understand the frustration that both of you are feeling...as stated earlier contact Heartland and give them the chance to remedy the problem.

As far as this being a common problem...nothing could be farther from the truth. It is very rare to hear of someone with leaking problems coming from outside the trailer. I know myself, we've been in torrential rain, with 50 mph sideways wind hitting the OD side of our unit directly with 3 big slides...thought I'd have a mess when we got back to the rig...NOT ONE DROP OF WATER!! Good luck, and make sure you get Heartland involved.

rckc228

Heartland will make it right, if you contact them. I know it is frustrating but they can tell who worked on you rig by the VIN number. I think if there is a pattern for the individual or individuals that work on rig that have had problems ,they would eliminate them.

Last edited:

Dmaxcc6spd

Praise God for this forum. I went through and checked every water fitting I could find. I assume the thread on fittings really only need to be hand tight. But the job needs to be done by someone other than a six year old. I gave all my fittings a full turn. I did have a leak on a toilet I forgot to check. I even crawled into the basement and checked the hot water heater connections. Again, gave them a turn too. Had I not seen these problems on this forum, I am sure our first trip would have been a disaster.

As for the water fittings and leaks, I want to confirm that all or most of the problems are occurring at the screw on fittings. Are the crimped fittings doing OK?

We are hoping to make our first outing this weekend or next, so hopefully I have resolved most of the issues before we even leave the driveway!

azbound

TXbobcat said: Has anyone noticed that the OP has not posted again.

I was thinking the same thing. Also why hasn't he mentioned the dealer or what HL is doing to resolve the issues?

Makes you think. We would all like to hear his response to these types of questions.

My 2 cents worth.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is my understanding problems found on the rig are charged back to the assembly crew. That affects any type of bonus they might have coming. More problems = less or no bonus. So it is important the factory knows about problems on the rigs. At least that is my understanding.

tmcran

I understand the frustration that both of you are feeling...as stated earlier contact Heartland and give them the chance to remedy the problem.

As far as this being a common problem...nothing could be farther from the truth. It is very rare to hear of someone with leaking problems coming from outside the trailer. I know myself, we've been in torrential rain, with 50 mph sideways wind hitting the OD side of our unit directly with 3 big slides...thought I'd have a mess when we got back to the rig...NOT ONE DROP OF WATER!! Good luck, and make sure you get Heartland involved.

My response is only based on the emails and PM's I have recieved. Rare, it is not. I'm glad to hear you have had very good results .

tmcran

It is my understanding problems found on the rig are charged back to the assembly crew. That affects any type of bonus they might have coming. More problems = less or no bonus. So it is important the factory knows about problems on the rigs. At least that is my understanding.

Well, I have had mine back to the dealer several times. It is there now. They have been helpful. Should I contact Heartland or does the dealer do that when they request warranty work?

Pulltab

It's only fair to give Heartland a chance to make it right. They are great to work with but its a lot easier if you can cool down and be civil. They are not happy you're having problems either I guarantee!

sporlan

Has anyone noticed that the OP has not posted again.

To bad..

OK, I run my own business and only have time to get on the net at night. Yes, I am frustrated right now. I was contacted by Matt from HL by way of email. I will be contacting him on Friday to discuss my issues. Friday is suppose to be dry here in Ohio and I am removing the window and resealing it. Oh, and not that it matters but I too fixed the shower stall. It leaked all over the floor while you were in the shower. I had to re-silicone around the bottom on the frame.
I am a contractor so nobody is going to fix my rig but me. No offense but this way I know its fixed right. Why would I want the guys who put it together wrong another shot at it? How many of you have bought a new $70,000.00 car and had the window or sunroof leak down in between the door? Sorry, there is NO excuse for all my issues.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Well, I have had mine back to the dealer several times. It is there now. They have been helpful. Should I contact Heartland or does the dealer do that when they request warranty work?

The dealer will have to get authorization from Heartland to do warranty work if they want to get paid for it so they will contact Heartland. Feel free to contact them yourself if you would like too as that is your prerogative. I have always done both. :)