Scangauge II vs Edge Insight

ralphpam

I have a 2009 Dodge CTD and I am looking at both of these units. It appears that the Scangauge II may not show the transmission temperature for the Dodge. Is anybody running one in a Dodge that does show the transmission temperature? The Edge Insight appears to show the transmission temperature but is more money. I would appreaciate any input from people running these units in Dodge CTD's with the six speed auto transmission.

beardedone

Beardedone
I just installed the Edge Insight about 2 weeks ago. I monitor EGT, Trans, Coolant and boost at the same time. The screen can be configured in numberous ways. I have all four on screen simultaneously and it is easy to read.

I see that you have a 2008 Dodge 6.7 , I have same . Did you do DPF pipe change over !.
Any problems with codes coming up & at what power range do you run your truck !

Thanks

beardedone

Beardedone
I haven't done a dpf delete because I value my warranty. At this time Dodge and all manufacturers will immediately void your warranty if they suspect you have done anything like that. At the hugh cost of diesel engines I am not prepared to risk it. Maybe later because I know the delete is actually good for the motor. I have never had any codes or problems in 61,000 km. Towing my Landmark is not an issue even in the mountains of BC. There is lots of information on how to run your truck, including a site at Cummins. In a nutshell most people try to run around 1700 - 1900 for the sweet spot. When in the mountains I used the gear shift toggle to manually change gears to keep the engine running in a strong power band, usually never letting it get below 14-1500 rpm's. You should always keep your exhaust brake on no matter what because that helps to keep the turbo clean, ie I have never had any issues. I know that the guys on the Dodge Cummins forum have been doing a lot of dpf and cooler deletes and then seeing up to 5 mpg increase in economy (US). This also keeps the engine much cleaner and enables it to enjoy a long life. Of course the question is that some day this may generate a serious fine for somebody.