Propane wall heater in Sundance???

boatdoc

We used Olympians(sp) for years and never had a problem. They come in several sizes, very low propane use, no open flame and best of all, they don't use up your battery when boondocking.
One can normally find them on ebay used for good prices.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Bought our Olympan at Quartzsite 2years age. It was a refub and 1/2 the cost of a new one. No problem when we used it in the desert, with a window open 2". I would not use it in the Pacific Northwest as there is enough moisture in the air

zztop

Westxs,
I would like one for the times that we dry camp or boondock for those mornings when I jump out of bed and its just a little cold on the toes as I tiptoe to the john.
So that I can turn it on and jump back in bed until it warms up the place.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I remember the wall heaters we used to have in out bathroom in the stick built house. I never did like them as I didn't feel safe with them. I would rather use a reliable electric heater, but then again if you our dry camping I would rather just use the propane furnace. I think a wall heater is dangerous but then again that is just my opnion.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Bought our Olympan at Quartzsite 2years age. It was a refub and 1/2 the cost of a new one. No problem when we used it in the desert, with a window open 2". I would not use it in the Pacific Northwest as there is enough moisture in the air

Why did you open the window when using the heater? Are these heaters the ventless typed :eek:.